yi dome camera dont work, dont stop moving

hi mi yi dome cam stop working after a online firmware update, when the camera is on dont stop moving, i try to connect c and configure and dont work, i push the reset button and talk the reset in complete and still doing the same what i can do now?

Having the same issue with my dome camera, help me know if you are able to find any solution. Mine does work for sometime after resetting but then stops working after connecting once or twice.

Hi Jose, thank you for joining the forum! For this issue please email our customer support at support@yitechnology.com with ticket #438796‬ in the email subject line.

Hey Gorang, sorry to hear you’re having the same issue. Can you also please email customer support at support@yitechnology.com with ticket #438827 in the email subject line and we’ll get you taken care of. Thanks!

Hi,

@jlmorenor

I apologize for this matter. I tested a YI Dome 720p and 1080p camera and didn’t notice any firmware issue. When you set up the camera in the app, the firmware that is shown in the app is the same current firmware located on our company website. Are you saying that only the camera stopped working or also the camera doesn’t stop moving? Please check to make sure the camera is not set to auto cruise or motion tracking. To verify, from the app home screen, click on the hexagon symbol inside your camera thumbnail. Click on Camera Settings. Make sure Motion Tracking is disabled (grey). Make sure Auto-Cruise is disabled (grey).

Hi,

@GorangV
I apologize for this matter. In regards to your issue. I can see you are able to use your camera in the app after performing a reset but then having an issue when connecting in the app. To make sure your network is working properly, please try the following steps below.

1. Move the camera to next to the router and reboot your camera. (Unplug it for 5-10 seconds and plug back in).

2. Ensure that there are no obstructions that may block the signal between the router and the camera. If the camera is working properly next to the Wi-Fi router, there is a Wi-Fi connection issue between the router and camera installed location.

3. Make sure the camera is installed within 33 feet of the router.

4. If you are only seeing a “camera offline” or “network connection failed” error in the app. A “network connection failed” occurs when the network connection on the phone (Wi-Fi or Cellular) fails to work but the camera connection to the router is still working properly. A “camera offline” occurs when there is no power to the camera, network name or password is changed, or the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi band stops broadcasting.

hi patrick,

i apologise for my late reply but due to curretn situaiton i was stuck in place wehre i didnt had access to my camera physically. Based on yoru suggested solution i pretty much did all the steps, however the issue is persistent.
After resetting/ manually restoring the firmaware it works for the first few tries but later it just gives up.
FYI its actual distaance from router 11 ft. Connectivity on all other devices from the same place is good. Even my outdoor cam which is 18ft away shows good connectivity.
its not auto cruise not even smart detection is on. Please help me if there is anything i can do to rectify this issue.

Hey @GorangV, just to clarify, is the camera having trouble with connectivity? Or the camera doesn’t stop moving?

Categories