Yi Cameras with Nest Hub Max

I am using two Yi cameras: Yi Home 1080p and Yi Dome 1080p. I used to have the ability to turn the 1080p dome camera on and off via Alexa, never tried with the home. Around the time I purchased the Yi home camera, I noticed I no longer had that functionality on Alexa. I can no longer control the camera via Alexa. I can pair it fine though.

I decide to try it in Google Home and it pairs but Google Home nor Google Assistant can control the camera. It specifically tells me in the Google Home app that I need a Google device with a display to stream the camera feed to. I now have a Google Home Max. I can see my Arlo video doorbell feed fine. I can see the feed from the max fine in the app. I cannot see either Yi camera. I can only see them via the Yi app.

Does this work? If so, can someone please instruct me on how to correct this?

I am using two Yi cameras with a Nest Hub Max (and a few 6" Google Hubs).

– Get the Yi app from the app store, register (for the YI cloud too, if you need it) and add each camera to the YI app, naming them as needed.

– Then go to the Google Home app and click on the plus sign in the upper left.

– Chose Works with Google

– Select YI from the long list of apps and authorize it.

– Then you’ll see the cameras in the Google Home app. Add them to 'rooms" (like Yard).

– Then you can say “Hey Google, show me the Yard” and the Max will stream the feed.

Two issues:

1. There is buffering for the first 30 seconds or so, even with robust Wifi connection, during which the feed is not really usable. Hopefully YI will fix this soon.

2. There is no way to trigger the stream when motion is detected, which would be super useful to most people with Google Hubs.

Categories