Yi cameras compatible with any door sensors

Are there any door sensors that work with the yi indoor cameras that allow it to start recording or notify me when a door is opened

Yi technology brand ‘Kami’ have a smart home system

https://www.yitechnology.com/smart-n100

This may not do what you want to start recording when a door is opened. That said if you use SD card you can leave it recording all the time and use the free cloud option from YI for alerts.

To add to my point re the smart home system particularly the door sensor (secure entry sensor)

Is this an alarm that immediately go off when a door is opened?

Yes, the Kami Smart Security Base Station has optional siren alerts and push notifications through the Kami Home App.

You could use the siren function to detect an abnormal sound level and have the camera alert on this.

Worth a try and could be an interesting project. I would use kami hime smart if it was not for having many years with a different platform.

1 Like

Thank you @YorkshireUser! Hello @Jpilaiv4, It may not trigger the recording feature but the base station will trigger an alarm. you can check out the link provided for additional information.

I saw that but I really only have one door I’m worried about and was just wondering if there was an option to use one service for all my needs

@Jpilaiv4 sorry but, the kami Smart security with the base station is offered as one set.

Categories