YI camera recording and providing alerts…of nothing

I bought a YI camera online that screws into a lightbulb socket and everything works included the app however motion detection doesn’t seem to capture anything.
I get heaps of alerts and notifications, including on the cloud account but playing them back shows absolutely nothing. It’s like it’s missing, or recording after, the motion event that triggered the recording.

I have latest Firmware and app version.

Would love to solve the issue as everything else is great.

Hello could you please supply the full name of your camera and model number. A photo would help as I am unsure which camera you are using.

I’m not actually sure :slight_smile: I bought it online from an Instagram ad and it came in planish packaging with no model number that I could find in the instructions!
Here’s a picture of the unit though…

And here’s another…

Hey @E3diot This isn’t one of our models unfortunately. Very cool but Yi or Kami does not make a camera that plugs into a light bulb.

What app are you using?

Ahhh. Ok

YI IoT app, as the manual recommended.

I just bought 4 YI Technology Lightbulb Cameras. Unfortunately, I cannot get any of them to connect to the app.

I noticed that this thread is from back in April. Has YIT started supporting them since your post?

I have 2 of them i have lots of problems

i installed 6 of these cams, those light bulb cam as posted by op, e3diot, bought from 6 different places, in two different homes in 2 cities. Worked very nice as an internet cam. I also bought the cloud service, standard plan, hope to have these function as security cam. The motion detector work almost instant, if it is already online when motion happen. Otherwise, there is a 20-30 s delay for the motion detector to get active. Here is the problem, there is another 10-15 seconds additional delay after the motion detector triggered. In other words, if the mailman, or the UPS came to door front, drop your package and leave, and the total time in the ‘field’ is less than 10 seconds. You would not get anything, not even an alert. Somebody needs to be in the field over 20 seconds or more for you to have an alert and capture something. This is just my experience, maybe someone with more tech knowledge can shed some light.

In order to cut down the ‘latency’, I disabled motion tracking, microphone. will report back after a week or two, see whether these maneuver helps. I installed the cams and bought the cloud service for security. However, the latency defeat these purpose. So, if a guy stands in front of door, ring the bell, and wait for awhile, it will capture. However, if the walmart or UPS, just come and drop the package, you will only see the package, not the exact delivery. Same token, if the porch pirate come to steal in less than 10 seconds, even the alert wont get triggered, less mention capturing the video

Does the app came with the cams? I bought 6 from different sources, so far, they all worked. Post the pic of the cams, we can help

Jot down the problems here, we can help

Categories