Yi camera not uploading videos to cloud unless alerts are enabled

Hi. I have several cameras (mixed Yi 1080 indoor and outdoor) and am suscribed to a Kami cloud service.

Usually, the cameras attached to the cloud would record any activity regardless of the detection configuration, which is absolutely convenient, so you have a record of the activity but are rid of unwanted notifications. Only when the smart alert detection was enabled, would the cameras notify me and send an alert.

That was until a few weeks ago, when some of my cameras ceased uploading video to the cloud, unless its smart detection alert was explicitly enabled. I know by a fact that it is not the correct behaviour because the rest of camera still upload video correctly.

I have contacted support three times. The first one, the guy on the other side said that the cameras (which ID I had supplied) where “having abnormal statuses”. I was told the usual stuff, reboot router, remove camera from cloud, add again, check upload option enabled, delete camera from app, reset, re-add, etc, etc, but nothing of this fixes the problem, and the guys from Support do not respond to my feedback.

Any of you having the same issue?

1 Like

Customer satisfaction is a priority for Kami Home and we provide 24/7 customer support to our users. We regret that you had an unpleasant experience. Please reach out to us on the email listed below so our customer support can help you out:

Support@yitechnology.com

Hi Jesther. I did, and finally some gal tells me that this is a “new” feature of the Kami App, and that now the video is only uploaded when the motion detection is enabled. This is not true. In any case, this would depend on the FW, not on the app, and anyway I have other cameras still working as they should. Even if this is true, how Kami dares to include such a change without previous notice?

Being myself a SW engineer, I have the feeling that they have tried to use tech bla-bla to convince me that this is “normal” because they just don’t know how to solve it.

I honestly don’t understand how a paid service can afford such things.

Is anyone out there having the same issue?

1 Like

Yes!!! We had 5 cameras a mix of indoor and outdoor. Same issue. And sometimes not recording to SD card. No rhyme or reason to which cameras operate correctly one day and not the next. Reached out to Kami support and as you describe no good answer. I got so frustrated I have replaced my 2 indoor cameras with google cameras :open_mouth: Sounds like I’ll be doing the same with the outside caneras once my kami cloud renewal comes in a couple months.

1 Like

Categories