Wont pick up human movement

I just purchased a dome camera 1080pp and it picks up everything. From my cats licking themselves and changing positions, the chicken passing by, bugs and birds flying past it, but not humans. It picked up, once when my husband got home but when he left in the AM and took the car it did not trigger or record anything, same with me the prior night. My settings are on medium for alerts and sensitivity. Should they be higher cuase it’s already annoying with all the animals and bugs that set it off.
Or should I invest in something else?

Hi @jlpo5, thanks for joining the forum and for the humorous description of your issue :laughing: May I ask where you have the camera located? The reason I ask is because the YI Dome is an indoor camera, and I’m pretty sure you don’t have chickens and bugs inside :rooster: if you have the camera looking through a window that could cause the motion detection to not work well.

If you are getting too many alerts from bugs and small animals you could try set the motion detection sensitivity and alert frequency to low. You could also test the camera by walking past it and seeing how close you need to be for the camera to detect you. When you are doing a test like that I would recommend setting the alert frequency to high, so you don’t have to wait too long before attempting to trigger the motion detection again.

Here are the cool off period times (if you don’t have a cloud plan).

High - 3 minutes between alerts
Medium - 5 minutes between alerts
Low - 10 minutes between alerts

Hi. I have the dome 1080p camera which monitors my driveway from an inside window location.

The best thing I find for monitoring human detection is for the human to trigger the PIR detection by ‘cutting across’ the detection sensor diagonally. Not straight on.

I actually find the detection too sensitive but I prefer it that way.

Might help tilting the camera. What I do is have the camera placed on a flat surface but tilted towards the window with a bracket under the base.

For me it’s not elegant but it works for my needs as I don’t do drilling on my external walls.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips @YorkshireUser!

Categories