Why email activation

Why have they messed around (for no reason) with activating cameras??? WHY! WHY!.. STOP IT.
Whilst away my wife tried to re-activate a camera that had dropped off for no reason (YI 1080 outdoor camera for her and the home security).
Through activation she gets told there’s a verification email sent!.. yes, it went to my email whilst on the other side of the world in an area with no connectivity.
Camera not able to be connected via the app for days.
WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PLAYING AT YI… Just leave it. If it’s not broken, don’t’ fix it (or bugger it up like you have done).
It worked perfectly ok in the app to do everything; and when I did get back and re-activate the camera in the email option doesn’t work correctly as it doesn’t keep the name of the camera that’s been entered when it flicks back to the App.
JUST LEAVE IT ALONE, put it back to the App.

1 Like

I see you NEVER received a reply from Yi.
Well guess what…. The very same thing has happened to me only I was at home and when trying to log in I was asked to complete the email verification…. WHY???

Worse, no matter how many times I ask to Resend I receive NOTHING from Yi.

So… here I am with three cameras and absolutely no means in accessing any of them.
Worse I expect is that no one will bother to read my complaint and I will be left with 3 unusable cameras.

1 Like

We are having the same issue and need the cameras to monitor my elderly mother

1 Like

Also having this issue, 4 camera’s completely useless now. Using them for the kids and security outside. Absolutely ridiculous. Never anything from Yi for us. Used these camera’s for years but it has become worse and worse. I also do not get any Mail when trying to activate

Now seems to work again, camera’s seem working. Still decided to replace the cameras, I’ve lost trust that they will not do this kind of stuff again.

Yes, surprisingly it is back up again……
The problem here though is in part the failure of the App with no cameras able to view.
The other problem is Trust and Faith.
I have zero trust in Yi giving me a 24hr system. I have no faith the company sorting out the issues nor keeping us informed of what went wrong?
I also bet we will not receive an answer to this topic…… Go on, please prove me wrong.

1 Like

Yea, I understand they are a commercial company, but then do not trick people buying these cameras and then change all functionality, put in adds etc. Then phase out these cameras and do it in a new line. I’m now changing to Eufy, seems to be better and also works with micro sd which I prefer.

1 Like

Thanks… I’ll check out Eufy myself. I’ve been with Yi for some years but every now and then things go horribly wrong and trying to obtain information is like swimming in treacle.

1 Like

Now… starting the app, opens screen and directly goes to black… pfff man not cool

Snap…… It goes from one calamity to another. This is now the third separate failure in less than a week….
Oh and yes…. No one from Yi/Kami bother to pop up here.

1 Like

Categories