When using an extension usb

when using an extension usb yi camera led is solid yellow. Has anyone had these issues? I have the yi home 1080p cameras

Depend which extension. Maybe the power it’s not enough to charge camera. Try with another device (ex your smartphone) and see if works!

1 Like

Any usb cord and adapter will work with your camera. The extension may not have enough power as pointed out by Giuseppe. I would test other cords and other devices to learn more.

I purchased 8 YI home cameras 1080p over thanksgiving ( YI 4pc Security Home Camera, 1080p WiFi Smart Indoor Nanny IP Cam with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Motion Detection, Phone App, Pet Cat Dog Cam - Works with Alexa and Google ).

I also purchased the following from Amazon to extend the power cord ( SIOCEN 10FT 2Pack USB Power Extension Cable for WyzeCam Pan,WyzeCam,Echo Dot Kasa Cam,Yi Camera,YI Dome Home,Oculus Go,Furbo Dog,Nest Cam,Blink,Cloud Camera,Netvue,Security Camera Charging Cord ).

The camera light remains yellow and does not turn blue with the new power cord. However, it works with the original power cord. Is there any special cord that I need to buy? Can you please help?

The USB wall charger that came with the camera is to weak to get enough power to the camera through the new cord. Put a higher wattage USB wall charger in and the new cord will work fine. Worked for me!!

Categories