Weren't we at one point able to view saved Yi Home Cam videos on the SD card through the Yi App?

Am I crazy or did the Yi App let you view saved videos on the SD card in a Yi home camera? Now there’s no option to do that anymore?

Hi Richie, thanks for joining the forum.

You can definitely still view videos on the SD card through the app. Check out this YouTube video about how to do it.

I have the same problem with Kami Home app. Timeline on app keeps focusing back to current time no matter if I try to swipe back.

For example timeline does not show any marks for todays earlier test alert when I tried to more around camera area. It shows the alert and 6 second clip, but nothing more. I have formatted the SD-card from the app.

Proof of concept

Screen-Recording-20200903-140748(1)

@abexi thank you for the gif! That is super helpful. Do you mind downloading and installing the YI Home app and letting me know if you still have trouble playing back SD card clips.

Also, can you please let me know what make and model MicroSD card do you have in the camera?

Hello,
Sd cards: PNY Elite Micro SDXC 64 GB - Class 10/U1, UHS-1

Yi home app does exactly the same as kami home app. No markings on timeline and moving back on timeline is impossible.

Both apps say “SD-card in good condition”

@Kami_Mark
I found the problem. If I am at the same wifi as cameras are, I cannot move around timeline, but when I change to mobile network I can go back in time and can see the markings on the timeline.

Hey @abexi thank you so much for the updates. That is very interesting that disconnecting from WiFi fixes the issue. I’ll let my team know about this. Thanks!

I have another wifi network, when I connect phone to it and keep cameras on this main network, no problem.

I wonder if its on my wifi router, it is the newest wifi6/AX, and my phone connects to that, but I think my Kami wireless cameras does not support wifi6 or AX. Something weird is happenin there.

Router is Asus AX88U and it is a smart router.

Conclusion,

Kami Cameras get confused when there is 2.4 and 5 ghz wifis in one single SSID. I
separated these networks, 2.4 ghz is for IOT, 5ghz is for daily use and now I don’t have this timeline problem for SD-card content. But for sure there is something to fix on Kami side too.

@abexi thank you for investigating this issue, and for the updates. I’ve shared this with our testing, and customer support team leads.

Categories