Viewing YI Cameras on Roku TVs - and YI versus Roku Cameras

I’ve been using YI cameras now for a long time now, and have almost 30 cameras at various locations. I use the YI Home app on my iPhone, iPad, and on my Windows computers to view the cameras. But… I would really love to be able to view these cameras on our Roku TVs. From reading posts in this forum, it doesn’t sound like YI Tech has any plans of adding a Roku app any time soon. So… my questions are:

• Has anyone found a work-around to view YI cameras on Roku TVs?
  • Has anyone switched to Roku cameras instead of YI cameras, and if so, how would you compare the quality of the camera and viewing app as compared to the YI cameras and app?

I’m seriously thinking of switching to Roku cameras (despite the investment I’ve already made in all my YI cameras), but would like to hear from someone who has already done this. Thanks for your input!

Hello, thank you for posting! Currently, the YI Home and Kami App is not yet optimized for iPad, Kindle tablets, Android tablets, Smart TVs, or Chromebooks, you might experience some issues with its features or functionality. For now, we recommend using a Mobile or PC App to view and access your camera properly.

We are always looking to improve our products and service, so the feedback you have provided is very valuable and much appreciated. Rest assured that we’ll pass on what you have told us to the appropriate department. We are constantly working on new software features to enhance your experience that will be helpful for the majority of our customers.

If further assistance is needed, let us know at https://www.kamihome.com/contact.

Categories