Time stamp on recordings is wrong

For some reason, the time of the activities recorded on the SD chips are not correct. I can’t even tell what they are supposed cloud recording wasn’t activated. What could cause the times of the files to be incorrect, like 8 or 12 hours off?

Hello. Take a look at this thread

It may help you

Hey @Lonestar Thanks for coming to the community forum for more information. That is definitely a strange one. Take a look at the forum thread shared above.

Are both the timezone in your app and the time zone in your phone the same?
Are you using a 12 hr clock or a 24 hr clock?
Have you recently reformatted your SD Card?
If not, try reformatting and updating your firmware.

We will get to the bottom of this together :slight_smile: thanks for your patience and understanding.

I have reformatted my SD cards recently. Firmware version is up to date on all cameras. My phone clock is 12 hrs. I cannot figure out how to check the time setting on my cameras. The YI Home app I use doesn’t have an Advanced Settings, that I can find. Do I have to reset the camera to get to the time setting feature?

Hey @Lonestar Thanks for your patience. Are you a cloud subscriber?

I think it might be beneficial to involve our support team on this one to help get this resolved quickly.

Have you contacted our support team yet?

Try changing the phone to 24 hours

1 Like

I have the Same Problem mycamera time ist 2 hours too late

I don’t recall how I ‘fixed’ my time on my cameras as my problem was over a year ago, but they are correct now. I even monitor one in a different state and it’s correct, although it does show my time zone, not the time zone of the location. Hmmm that makes me wonder… dumb question but I guess your phone time is correct for your location and the cameras are in the same location? Otherwise, you might try doing a camera hard reset. Let me know if that works.

Categories