steady yellow light

I would love to do this but download links do not work…
Generally this equipment seems to be unreliable. After 6 months standing on bookshelf it broke.
Tommorow I’m leaving and I won’t have monitoring. What a disappointment.
I have spend searching solution over the web for like 7 hrs today and it still ‘dumb stuck’ like on the beginning. Solid yellow light and not even a blink after pressing reset button for 3-120 seconds. No changes or logs on MicroSD card. Very tough to debug, literally zero verbosity. Maybe my reset button is broken.

1 Like

Is it possibile to debug issue details?
It is advertised as Smart/AI thing - there MUST be a way to simply check what’s wrong.

Edit: downloads on page you provided still do not work. That is very frustrating that I must chase for firmware file on github/forums and other odd places…

Hello. This is the official forum for Yi / Kami devices so there is plenty of support here.

Try trying your camera off, remove the cable from the back of the camera. Then with the reset button depressed plug back in the power cable. Then what happens.

It could be your camera is hardware defective. But the forum will try to find the optimum next steps for you.

Please understand I am only a user too but because of the support I have offered on here and my knowledge of such technology I was asked to be a moderator.

— I have just checked again the downloads page on both Mac, iPhone, Android and a Windows laptop and the downloads work for me. So what is happening when you attempt to download from the page supplied previously?

I have tried holding reset button and re-plugging camera. It didn’t worked. Always right after plugging power cable camera lights solid yellow LED and do not react to anything.
I have tried to flash firmware you posted in other threads. Didn’t worked.
I have tried 3 different MicroSD with FAT32, 4k allocation size, different file name like home, home_y20, home_y20m, pushing reset button for 1-120 seconds, unplugging for a long time, plug and leave for at least 30 minutes.
1 guy told me that his unit had the same problem and his root and home partition was Full during update and that crashed camera but how to clean up space when there is no connectivity with device…
When I try to download firmware from kami website there is no “destination link”. I click on download, new tab opens and nothing happens. I literally have no option to download it myself.
I think this camera is bricked/electro trash now.
That was my last Yi product purchase…

1 Like

Any chance you could take a short video of this camera from power off to power on? It would be interesting to see what it is doing.

What region are you in? It is a first time for me that someone is unable to download from the Yi firmware site.

When you plug it in - how long have you left it in that state? It could take some time. Also some devices taken numerous reset presses.

1 Like

I have the same problem with two cameras.
The helpdesk pretends not to understand the problem.

1 Like

Hey @Mikelis Have you spoken with one of our agents yet? I recommend opening up a ticket with them at www.kamihome.com/contact

I have same problem on a brand new YI home 1080p camera. Yellow led is always on, reset does not work. Support mail did not gave a correct reply.
On a FAT 32Go SD I tried home_y20, home_y20m, but again Yellow led is always on

@liverpool67 can you send me your ticket number supplied by our support team so I can take a deeper look at their response back? Hopefully, point them in the right direction.

I had the same problem with two 1080p home cameras. I had changed my wifi to a mesh system and had to reset some of my cameras. I brought two into the house and plugged them in but I used a generic mini USB cable. All I got was a solid yellow light and it wouldn’t go any further. I took out the memory card but not sure that helped but when I hooked it up to an official Yi cable it worked right away. After resetting it and setting up the camera I came back and plugged it into the generic cable and had the same problem. So the power cable seems to be the problem with most of these yellow light issues. I have in the past tried a longer ribbon cable and they don’t work either. I have purchased longer high quality mini usb cables and they did work so if you have this problem see if you can fix it with a genuine Yi power cable first.

@Ken1 some of the camera’s route the serial debug lines to the USB connector data pins (it’s not USB data). This is useful for debugging but can be a potential trap for users with standard USB data cable because it will loop back the debug data and will be seen as input to the camera debug port which can potentially interrupt the boot process leaving a yellow light or if not fully silenced, lead to issues later on.

There is a standard for USB chargers to short the data lines as a means to identify itself as a charger. Note the Yi USB cable only has 2 wires connected, 5V and ground (at least my ones do). If using a third party cable try to get one that also only has the 2 power wires connected, not a data cable.

2 Likes

This is very interesting. I just got a Kami Mini from a flea market and when i plug it to many cables all it does is remain in the yellow LED color but when i plug it to my laptop it blinks blue and everything goes well. It seems it needs cables exclusively for charging, not meant for data. This could be useful to solve my doubt. Thanks for this insight

How much time is needed?
I mean, i have been 24 hours in a row and nothing happens.

I have 2 cameras in Chinesse (after the firmware update through SD card) (I don’t undestard anything but google translator helps me). These cameras do the whole process but in the end they don’t pairing and they stay with a fixed blue light.

I have other 2 cameras with steady yellow light, doing the same process as with the others.

So, i’m frustrated.

I live on the other side of the world and the customer service hours are not compatible so we are never online at the same time, and they close my case.

By the way, they are 1080p Ai+ cameras and it all started this Tuesday with a pop-up firmware update through the app.

Could you help me?

1 Like

I wound up in the same place…4 cameras all borked at the same time…I updated the firmware on one which is now speaking chinese to me. All 1080p AI+ as well. All went offline 12/14 around 9:50am EST originally. I have a 360 dome camera as well which has continued to work fine.

@Eli @beauc
Unfortunately I don’t have same cameras as you guys, but with pairing issues you could try to reset them and delete those cameras from the app and add them as new, one at the time.
With connection issues mine start to work after I unplug and plug the power cable and reboot my router.

Usually yellow light means insuffient power or update process. and steady blue light means established wifi connection. Blinking blue light means that the pairing process is started or camera is trying to connect wifi.

If there is no engliah version of the new firmware, we just have to wait them to fix it.

So in my case, I use the cameras at my father’s house to check in from time to time. I noticed that they went offline, so I stopped by and they were solid blues there but still appeared offline in the app with a -3004 error code. I tried resetting one there but surprisingly after the reset, the camera there didn’t say ‘waiting to connect’. I ended up grabbing all 4 and bringing them back to my house to try to troubleshoot. That is what led me down the path of trying to do the firmware update on an SD card – which now tries to do the setup, I assume, in chinese. It goes through and gets to the final step where the phone app says to wait 1-2 minutes while it syncs and it eventually times out in the app and doesn’t save the camera. Unplugging and plugging camera back in winds up back at the blinking amber again (i.e. its not saving the setup).

Sadly…I tried to do some network sniffing on it and I think I’ve found a smoking gun. Both my flashed (chinese speaking) and non-flashed both are failing on a dns query to : yicamera-router.mi-ae.com.sg. Which as near as I can tell doesn’t exist.

flashed camera version speaking chinese from logs: 9.0.19.12_202102241808

non flashed camera version from logs: 12.1.19.0_202212141335

Notice the 2022/12/14 timestamp. Which coincidentally is around when it stopped working. Something tells me this isn’t a coincidence.

@Steven_Kami I notice you have a lot of interactions here…do you have any feedback available on this?

2 Likes

After reading a few other threads…I reran my tests and do stand corrected…the chinese speaking one is the only one contacting the .sg server…which appears to potentially be the problem with that one – not sure how that happened given I downloaded the firmware via https://kamihome.com/firmware/ and wasn’t given a locality option…but the other one…the one on 12.x that just ends up hitting: log.us.xiaoyi.com and gets a 200 and solid blue, but still nothing in app. Ugh…so frustrating…

Hi, did you manage to solve it by any chance? I have the same problem as you, I contacted the helpdesk but they won’t help me. Have you found a firmware that works?
Thanks

The user “anyone” said that a 2wires USB cable (only GND and Vcc) is needed but, I disagree. I have right now a 2wires USB cable connected to the official Yi AC/DC charger and I have the steady yellow light. I do not want to think that there is a voltage divider integrated in the connector of the original cable to reach a specific voltage at Data- and Data+, but this crazy idea is taken shape. I have to do some tests with a original cable to settle down this issue. Anyway, if you have yellow light and you are using a standard USB cable, please, use the original one and probably your problems disappear.

Best

Categories