Sound Detection Button Not Working

Hi - I just bought a CACAGOO Security Camera that uses the YI IoT app and everything seems to work OK other than the sound detection feature. The toggle button (see attached) won’t switch to on, it just flips straight back to off, so I can’t get notified when there’s a sound at home.

I had hoped to use this feature to alert me when my dog barks while I’m not home, but right now that’s not possible.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi James, welcome to the forum. I’m not familiar with the CACAGOO range of products (this forum is for YI and Kami products, and the YI IoT app does fall under that umbrella) so I’ll try and help the best that I can. My guess it that the CACAGOO Security Camera does not support sound detection. I had a look at the amazon listing for the product and there was no mention of it. You could try and get in touch with CACAGOO and check. I know for sure that the Kami Smart Outdoor Security Camera has sound detection capabilities.

Which model of camera do you have?

I have looked at the outdoor version and it doesn’t appear to have sound detection available.

The obvious question you may ask is why the app has the option, the answer to that maybe that the same app is used for many cameras, and some do have the option

Brian

Hi,

I am having the exact same problem!!!

This just started to happen this week. The sound detection was working before.

I have a baby and it’s very important I hear her if she cries!

This must be resolved!

Help!

Hi @Nataliazea, can you please provide these details?

1 - Camera make and model
2 - Phone make and model
3 - Your iOS or Android version
4 - The YI/Kami app version (Example - YI Home Version 4.4.0)

Thanks!

Hi,

Heres the link to the one I have: https://amzn.to/3kP4Spv

I have an iPhone 8 iOs 13.5.1

Thanks Natalia. And you’re using the YI iOT app correct?

Unfortunately I can only offer advise for YI and Kami products. But here are you few things you could try:

1- Force close the app.
2- Restart your phone.
3 - Delete and reinstall the app

Did anyone find a fix?? I use this as a baby monitor and am having the same problem . Sound is the most important function so this is now totally useless . Definitely a software issue with the app. Have been using this for 2 months and suddenly can’t turn sound detection on. What gives ?

@Nataliazea and @Ijustmadethistoask please send an email to support@yitechnology.com describing your issue and when it started. Please also include the following information.

2 - Phone make and model
4 - The YI/Kami app version (Example - YI Home Version 4.4.0)

In the meantime I escalate this with the app team.

ok thank you very much

You’re very welcome.

@jgasson2020, @Nataliazea, @Ijustmadethistoask

UPDATE

Yesterday I said we could provide firmware for your cameras, however I was given incorrect information. We cannot provide firmware for third party cameras. You would have to contact the camera manufacturer directly.

We can offer support for issues concerning the YI IoT app. So we will do some investigation, and if it turns out to be an app issue we will do our best to get it sorted.

Please send an email to support@yitechnology.com describing your issue. Please also include the following information.

2 - Phone make and model
4 - The YI IoT app version (version number)

Any help on this? Same thing happened with my camera. Sound detection was working fine on 19/07 then stopped working 20th. I have two identical cameras and same behaviour with both. So not hardware problem. Cacagoo camera.

Categories