SD card recordings erased?

Is everything that is recorded on a camera SD card available through the app? I have a 32 GB card and can’t move past ~44 hours into the past. Is that the app, or the card/camera erasing old info to put in new? Thanks!

Hello @Yoh welcome to the forum!
The footage on your SD card records in a loop, with the newest footage overwriting the oldest.
Your 32G SD card should be able to record about 4 days of continuous video according to this data.

4GB: 11~13 hours, Around 1/2 day
8GB: 22~26 hours, Around 1 day
16GB: 44~52 hours, Around 2 days
32GB: 88~104 hours, Around 4 days

I’ll ask the team if there’s a reason you’re only seeing 44 hours. But please double check that it is indeed a 32 GB card.

Thanks!

Great information @Kami_Mark.

2 Likes

So what happens if I put a 64 GB card in my YI Outdoor 1080p? I just ordered four of these cameras and am trying to maximize recording time. 64 GB just flat won’t work, or the recording is unstable, or … ?

Hi Glenn, thanks for joining the forum. Four outdoor cameras! Nice :sunglasses:

Are you having trouble playing back footage from the card? If you are please format the card and try again.

To format the card, click on a camera so you a taken to the live view, then click on ‘Settings’ in the bottom right corner.

Then scroll down to ‘Storage’ and click on ‘MicroSD Card’.

Next click on ‘Format Storage Card’.

When promoted with the warning, “All video in the MicroSD card will be deleted after formatting, continue?”, click OK.

Wait until the camera resets, then go to the home screen and swipe down to refresh.

Now go back into settings and you should see your MicroSD Card showing ‘In good condition’ and the camera should now record to the SD card.

Here is some info that might help.

Also, if you’re having trouble finding the SD card recordings, here is a quick walk-through

Please let me know if that helps, or if you are still having trouble with SD card playback.

Hello,
i have 7 Kami cams (5 wire free outdoor kami + 2 wired indoor). All the outdoor kami cams have sd cards (30GB) formatted through the app. On my iPhone i am not able to activate the continuous registration of footage on the card. On The settings there is no Activity detection recording option to choose or not. I have an iPhone 8 with the latest update of kami and yi home apps. Both have the same problem. i am attaching a screenshot. Thanx for your help

It is my understanding that the battery outdoor caneras do not have continuous recording ability to protect battery life of the device.

Morning.
I have 2 X 1080p outdoor cameras and 1 indoor camera.
1 of the outdoor cameras is working fine with SD card recording. However the other is not showing SD card at all and it has been inserted correctly.
The indoor camera has been working fine and recording to SD card until recently. Now it doesn’t show the SD card or timeline of recordings.
There is no option to format the card either.

Hey @HarryA Sorry I missed this. We have addressed this in our most recent app update. Please go update your app and all will be well.

Categories