SD-Card motion not recording after App update

After Yi Home App upgrade motion video will not record to SDCard unless motion event alert notification is set to on. I do not want motion event alert notification every other minute but I do want video recorded to SDCard so I have the option of reviewing if required. This used to work before the latest Yi Home App upgrade. I’m hoping this is a bug and the programmers will eventually get it fixed.

2 Likes

Hey,
Apologies for any difficulties you experienced. We’d be happy to take a look into this for you, please contact us at https://www.kamihome.com/contact.
Thank you.

I have the same problem

1 Like

If the SD card won’t record, please try the following steps to fix the issue:

1. Extract/Reinsert the SD card from the camera, please make sure the camera is unplugged.
  2. Format the SD card using a PC/Laptop, please make sure to backup the existing recordings, if any.
  3. Use a different or brand-new SD card.

None of that works for me. Yamin just wants to force us to purchase cloud storage.

Yami, not Yamin, as posted before.

Same problem here. Stupid me upgraded all for Yi Dome Guards and now I can’t record activity to SD card.

This topic needs to be higher up. These cameras are being sold under false pretense. They will NOT record to an SD card anymore. They changed the software/firmware to prevent it. I’m returning the ones we just got.

This is the standard answer that support will give you. It’s a cover up answer to hide the fact that they disabled SD card recording in the new firmware

Categories