Reset Yi Outdoor Camera

I have the kami outdoor camera. It went offline a couple of days ago. I cannot get it to reset or connect. I have deleted the app and reinstalled. I have removed the camera from the app. I push the reset button over until my fingers hurt and noting happens. The camera continues to blink yellow then blue. It is pulled as closed to the router as it can get, sitting on top of it. I have restarted the router. What are my other options?

There is a lot of great troubleshooting options @Tbryant… We’re you able to successful resolve this?

Yes after letting it sit unplugged overnight, it finally reset and I was able to get it connected again.

That’s good news @Tbryant! Thanks for letting us know. Stick around for more announcements and other helpful tips. Have a good one!

Hi

I have the same issue with an outdoor camera (have about 10 in total across accounts).

Changed the router, now cannot get one camera to come back to life.

Tried power off for hours, finger pressing until bored with the reset button but can’t get anything out of the camera. I do hear a clicking on the IR shutter after reset, but no lights (lights were off on the settings prior to the 40X resets!)

Yes, have tried removing SD card and resetting over & over!

thanks

I wonder if this issue was solved I have the same problem as Jshodgson “After changing my Wi-Fi network and pressing the reset button All I hear are three chimes but I don’t hear any prompts to say that it has reset. After the three chimes it beeps twice and then repeats that pattern continuously beeping twice every 30 seconds or so”

Hey @Radioshack Thanks for coming to the community!

Do you mind providing a bit more information about your issue? From what I gather, you’re trying to pair the camera, but it’s failing somewhere along the way?

Any information regarding error messages or screenshots you can provide would be much appreciated.

-Steven

Thanks for your response

I recently changed my internet service provider (ISP) so therefor I had to change the Wi-Fi password in my cameras. I have 4 indoor and 4 outdoor, the indoor ones were easy to do just reset and reconnected to the app. The outdoor cameras are causing me the problem. I have taken the small plate off at the bottom of the camera where the reset button is and SD card is housed. I pressed the reset button and camera chimes and then bleeps twice and again every 30 seconds or so. I was expecting “Reset successful” and then “Waiting to connect” but this did not happen. I have tried many variations of the reset procedure including holding the reset button in longer, taking the SD card out, deleting the cameras on the app, I did read that someone had downloaded the firmware on to the SD card and inserted this in to the camera. I haven’t tried this because I did not want to corrupt the camera and because the cameras are only just over a year old and from what I can remember the firmware updated when I first installed the cameras. Just to say the cameras have worked flawlessly since first installed is only now I have the problem

Hi. Could you try to add the camera back in to the app and see what happens?

How I did the very thing you needed to do (due to change of fibre provider was this) (and it worked for all my cameras)

• Delete the camera from the app.
  • Go to add the camera via the plus button.
  • Reset the camera using the button on the physical device.
  • Followed the app instructions to QR code it and set up on wifi.

I didn’t reset it until the app guided me to.

When you are trying to set the camera up have you enabled location settings and allowed the Yi (or Kami) app to use the location setting ?

1 Like

Hey @Radioshack Try the steps described above by YorkShireUser :point_up_2:

He went through the exact same steps you did and was successful in reconnecting his outdoor camera to his new wifi.

Keep us posted. Hope you’re having a great start to the week!

I did find the problem and all cameras are working again it was total my fault I was thinking that the outdoor cameras were the same to set up as the indoor dome camera’s, This was my 1st mistake The outdoor cameras don’t say “waiting to connect” they just bleep twice. The 2nd mistake I was trying to use the YI home app to connect the this didn’t seem to work so I used the YI IoT app that came with the outdoor camera’s and success. So thank you all for your help and comments on this subject

1 Like

Thanks for letting us know you got this sorted and your cameras are now back working.

1 Like

@Radioshack Thank you so much for updating the forum! This will be helpful to someone down the line I am sure of it.

I am glad to hear all is working. I hope you’re having a lovely week so far!

Don’t RESET.

I need the soft to FIRMWARE to update through SD CARD.

Please.

Hello, @adaomusic Please contact our support team at www.kamihome.com/contact or email at support@kamihome.com. Thank you for your patience. As soon as you hear back from our support team, please send me your ticket number and I can help push things a long.

Categories