Reflections on the glass....

My cameras reflect badly on the glass when in night vision making footage vague… even worse when raining… I’ve tried with & without the night vision on camera settings… any suggestions welcome…

@Rothwek

Hi Karen! Welcome to the forum :slight_smile: Unfortunately, any indoor security camera when pointed out a window is going to perform very poorly, and there isn’t a fix or a solution I can offer.

I don’t want to sound like I’m trying to sell you something, as that is not my job. But if you need to monitor what is going on outside, it’s best to install an outdoor camera. We have a great battery powered option (Kami Wire-Free) that is very easy to install. Otherwise YI and Kami both have wired outdoor cameras that come with a lot of features, but need to be plugged into an outdoor power outlet.

If you can wire them my suggestion is the Kami outdoor. If there is enough ambient light it has color night vision that is amazing.

1 Like

From a photographer point of view, if your camera is next to fixed glass you could try cutting all the reflective light around the glass, such as this item

i am sure @Kami_Mark could give the outer dimensions of your camera if a outdoor camera is not viable. Not a perfect solution but if you are in a pinch could be better than you are currently experiencing.

@Nat yes something like that might work :thinking: but I’d imagine it would be tricky to rig up.

1 Like

Surely other people must have these camera’s facing out through the windows - I can’t see the need to these cameras for internal use?? I was considering returning them but typically I am out of my 30days…

I use a Dome 1080p pointing outside - it is tilted slightly (second floor window) to see my car on the drive below. I have the IR and stats light off.

The camera is a few mm if that from the glass just enough that the rotation of the camera is not impeded.

I find it works fines. Yes you can get a slight reflection of the camera body and the room lights (although I close the curtain behind the camera) and rain can cause some disruption. I am considering using RainX on the glass.

All in all for the money of having a wired all recording done camera that can see outside without having to have drilled holes in the wall I quite like the solution.

On the other window I have a Blink Mini which also works well.

No theres a problem with the cameras night vision I bought two the first one lasted a year the second maybe 2 years they are both wired outdoor kami/yi cameras … i would be
Interested in this battery outdoor camera but your night vision just doesnt work the first camera is completely black and the second one has a weird glare on it i cleant the lens theres no light that could be reflecting at it so i think il be choosing another brand unfortunately for the cameras im about to buy

Heres camera 2

Categories