Recorded sound issues

Hello.
Can someone explain the setting for recording the audio?

It seems that which ever I choose, there is no audio recorded

Thanks

Hello, @Rocatah this section it’s for Detection Sounds, not for recording. Enable sound when reproduce your videos or during your live.

Hi @_Giuseppe

Isn’t it to records any sounds that go along with the videos?
I don’t understand the slide scale… Can someone please enlighten me :upside_down_face:

The sound scale is for the intensity/volume decibels of the actual sound. So the alert would only be produced in the event that the camera detects a sound at or above the set level of that scale.

However. Like yourself the two internal cameras I have with this functionality do not detect sound and alert. They record sound and I can hear sound but not via detection.

I think they used to but since I do not really have a need for such functionality it doesn’t really impact me too much. It would of course be great for it to work.

The recording of audio via the camera is not related to the detection level scale.

Hey @YorkshireUser Long time no see!. How are you?

I’m just looking at my alerts for over night and there are only 3.

1. The postman moving across the courtyard (person detected)
  2. My neighbour coming back from walking her dog (person detected)
  3. Camera switching from night vision to normal mode (audio detected)

Anyway the reason I’m asking is, there was an altercation here the other night, and people were shouting at the top of their voices right under where my camera is situated, and I can barely hear the audio…
The pic I posted above is a screen shot of my settings. As you can see it’s set at 50dB. I guess I’m asking if this setting should record anything above 50dB, and 70dB will record anything above 70dB, and so on.
This is probably crystal clear to most people,
But I’ve tried different settings and there was no change in audio level…

It’s early and I need tea. :upside_down_face:

T

Yes I would think if you are set to record only on detection sound / motion then loud shouting would hit that level.

I have my audio on but recording to SD card all the time. The sound detection for me is not great.

Like yourself I have adjusted the setting and no change. I have even set off an internal siren next to one of the cameras that won’t sound detect and nothing.

1 Like

I was hoping it was me missing a setting or something… :wink: :upside_down_face:

Thanks for getting back to me

1 Like

Hey @Rocatah Just checking in. How has your recording sound issue been for the past few days? We’ve recently released a new update. We are working hard to get the app to a “smooth sailing” kind of feel :wink:

Well, I haven’t needed it yet… I’m sure I can get some kind of audio booster if needed.
I didn’t know about the update, so thanks for letting me know. I’ll install it soon.

Thanks

1 Like

Categories