Push Notification on multiple phones for Kami Outdoor Wireless

I got a new Kami Outdoor Wireless, and was able to get it set up and going on my iPhone. So far so good. But I have hit a major problem. I would like both me and my wife to receive the motion alert, and I can’t seem to get that going. Here are the two methods I have tried:

1. I logged in with the SAME account to both my Kami Home app, and my wife’s Kami Home app. I made sure the Push Notification was enabled in both iPhones for the respective app. However, I get the push notification only on my phone (which was set up first), but not on my wife’s phone.

2. I had my wife create her own Kami account, and then did a Camera Share using the QR code. Then I enabled both optional switches on the Shared devices screen, namely, “Permission to view history” and “Receive messages”. Again, made sure the Push Notification was enabled on her phone. No joy. She can see the Alerts if she goes into the app, but no push notification.

If I cannot make this work somehow, I am afraid the camera is quite useless to me. I need to be notified on both phones. It’s too bad Kami does not support Email notifications, as that would solve the problem. Can anyone help with some suggestions?

Hello @krishkal, if you are using the YI Home Application, we suggest signing in to the same account information to your wife’s phone and please check the settings below.
1.Update your phone to the latest software version.
2.Uninstall & reinstall the YI/Kami Home App.
3.Restart your phone.
4.Launch the YI/Kami Home App > Settings > Smart Detection Settings > toggle Motion Detection on. If using a battery camera, launch the Y/Kami Home app > Click inside the camera thumbnail > Click Mode > Motion Detection always On.
5.Access the Settings of your mobile phone > Applications > Application Manager > YI/Kami Home App > Notifications > toggle Allow Notifications on.
6.From the Settings of your mobile phone > tap App Permissions > YI/Kami Home App > toggle Permissions on.
7.Go to Settings > tap Battery > tap the toolbar icon on the top right of the page> tap Optimize Battery Usage > All Apps > YI/Kami Home App > toggle Optimization off.
8.Go to Settings > YI/Kami Home App > toggle Background App Refresh on.

Thanks @Kami_Nick. I went through all the steps exactly as you indicated. Note that some of the settings steps (namely #6 & #7) may be for Android, I did not find any equivalent in the iOS Settings. By the way, I had gone through the similar steps on my own yesterday too, which I mentioned in my OP as point “1”.

No, no push notification was received on my wife’s phone. If I go to the Kami Home App, there is the red banner flashing light notification there, but there is no push notification. Please note also that other push notifications are working fine on that phone (such as gmail, text etc.), so it is not a general notification problem.

Have you tested this configuration with 2 iPhones? Does it work for you?

OK, I gave the phone 1 more reboot just for a good measure, and then it actually worked! I got the notification on both phones!
I think you need to give 1 more step between Step #2 & Step #3. I think after uninstall/reinstall, I should login to my account on the Kami app, and then restart the phone. Anyway that’s what seems to do the trick - to restart phone after logging into the Kami Home app.
Hopefully, it stays working…

1 Like

That’s awesome! Thanks, @krishkal! We will add that other step.

Categories