Pop UP Ad in iOS APP?

I’m extremely disappointed with this iOS camera app. Despite paying full price for my camera, I’m forced to use this app for camera functionality, only to be bombarded with constant, intrusive ads. It’s unacceptable and severely impacts the usability of a basic, essential feature of my camera. This excessive ad integration needs urgent reevaluation.

3 Likes

Yea… Annoying people, trying to insight them to go with your cloud service, by forcing them to watch adds, is NOT a way to win friends and influence people… What it does, is cause us to look elsewhere. I will NEVER by your cloud service!

2 Likes

With the latest IOS version of the phone app, each and every time you launch the app you now get some random advert that you have to bypass. It’s total shit.

I quit using Yi cameras as main cameras because of this problem and unistalled some of the cameras I have. I think Yi is shooting itself in the foot. They need to make it clear from beginning, it is not practical to use these cameras without subscription

I have been using Yi/Kami for about 5 years now. I was annoyed when they started removing functionality and pushing everyone towards the cloud subscription service. I only ever wanted to record to SD card so its all noise to me. But with the latest app release in December 2023 each and everytime you launch the app you now have an advert that slaps you and you have to close it to continue. I find that unacceptable. Maybe if the camera’s were free but we paid for a product and now they have pushed and pushed and are treating us like idiots who havent already paid for the products…

YI attempt at ads…ha ha ha

YI Camera spots burgler in back garden but YI camera app takes customer by surprise and all YI customer sees is unwanted ad. (And ad is for security ha ha ha)

YI Idiots.

Meanwhile the burgler breaks in and kills customer.

First prize to YI for the most stupid attempt at advertising. YI idiots.

1 Like

Horrible. Bait and switch. Nothing else to say.

I have been getting more and more ads. The app was never very good but at least there wasn’t a subscription, I have had a couple of cameras for several years and they are going to get binned.

Now all they can say is “Please buy our subscription to solve the ads that we added”.

Categories