"Pink fog" on Dome camera

Hello,

I’ve had a dome camera, it falled down several time because of my cat… (don’t ask me how, that’s not the subject).
I moved the camera to avoid repetitive falls. A few time after, streams recorded looks like a pink fog appears in my room. I tried to reboot, to reset,… nothing changed.
I bought a new one camera, because I thought this issue was due to the several falling.

The new camera works fine …for less than 1 year, and the exact same issue with the pink fog appears. I tried to reset the camera, and had huge difficulties to reconfigure it (probably because the pink fog hides the QRcode), and nothing changed, the pink fog is still here.
You’ll find as an attachement a picture showing the problem, which is not easy to describe.

Does somebody already experimented this ? Have you solved it ? Or is anybody has an idea of what it comes from ?

Thanks for your Help !

1 Like

Hi,

@sebdl This issue with the pink and neon colors are typically caused by the internal wire for the older dome cameras. I have not seen this issue occur with our more recent Dome cameras. YI Dome X or Kami Indoor. As the camera pans and tilts, overtime, this causes these colors to show when viewing the camera in the app. At that point, the camera would need to be replaced. Please contact our customer support at support@yitechnology.com to further address this issue. Refer with ticket# 427198

Categories