Person Detection on Kami Wired Outdoor Camera

Hi,

I purchased a Kami Wired Outdoor camera but now the person detection option is not available on the app. Motion Detection and activity zone is available. It detects motion but doesn’t detect a person, which results in false notifications, especially in my garden.

I believe earlier it was available in the app but no-more now. How can i fix this?

Hello @antsy-pants, Welcome to the forums!
The ‘Person Detection’ feature from the Smart Detection settings of the camera should still be available for Kami Wired Outdoor Camera. Please check the version of the mobile app you’re using and if you are prompted to do an update, kindly proceed and install the update.
Thank you!

Hi @Alvin_Kami , I am using the latest version of the app and my camera is also on the latest firmware.
I have checked this on both iOS and Android Apps on latest OS and App Versions, I am happy to share more details.

cc @Steven_Kami

!

@Steven_Kami @Alvin_Kami Any update?

I believe there was a recent change with regards to the Person/Human Detection feature in some cameras but I don’t think Kami Wired Outdoor Camera was part of that change. Please create a support ticket by sending the support team an email at support@yitechnology.com to check this further.

Thanks @Alvin, I will create a ticket

1 Like

I have 4 Yi outdoor cameras and they all seem to have the person detection. My firmware version is 9.0.26.08_202203181055. One time I purchased some outdoor Yi cameras from a vendor and ended up with a real old version of the camera. I think he bought a bunch of them not knowing they were an old version with less features. It was the Yi outdoor camera. I sent them back because they did not have all the features built in. Anyway, just make sure you really have the most current version of the camera. I have a few older indoor cameras that don’t have that feature but my newer ones do. I have 13 Yi cameras.

1 Like

Same here! I have been building a system for years and now up to 8 cameras! Suddenly they all lost people detection unless I buy the plan! I PAID FOR THESE CAMERAS WITH THE PEOPLE DETECTION BUILT IN!!! Long ago they took away the ability to view multiple camera on the phone. Then suddenly it’s a paid feature! Someone has a terrible business plan!

I also tried a trial of the cloud plan to check their AI for people, Animal and car detection. It’s completely worthless if you use the audible alarm on the outdoor cameras! All the AI does is filter to only alert your phone of people, animals or cars! The darn thing still audibly beeps at every bug flying by, shadows or anything else moving! I used to highly recommend these cameras. Not anymore! I argued with them for weeks and all they offered a $30 credit. That’s it! They still took away functions that I paid for!

Someone let me know of another comparable brand that has the audible beeping with AI.

This company is driven by greed and only cares about bilking the customers for every cent.
There are issues with the software that have been complained about for years and they simply ignore it. They won’t even give an honest response and if you complain they’ll ban you.

1 Like

Yes, I’m actually an investigator and used to regularly recommend their cameras due to reasonable prices, great features, ease of set up and no need to subscription services. I even offered be a beta tester to give feedback on features that needed tweaking. Those days are long gone!

1 Like

У меня тоже проблемы после обновления камеры, модераторы не размещают мои темы

Categories