Pc app client- Pop up display?

Hi there,

Just purchased 2 YI home cams. I use them via Pc client app. It work well, but I would like to ask here in the forums two questions:

Is there any way to display the screen in a pop-up window, always over any software running? kindda the pop-up option in the mobile app.

If not, is there any other way to reduce the display screen size in the pc client app?

Cheers!

Hi @dibujero thanks for joining the forum!

The PC desktop app does not have an option that enables an ‘always on top’ mode. However, you could use the open-source software AutoHotkey https://www.autohotkey.com/ to accomplish this task. Some people also use AutoHotKey to automatically refresh the app, to stop it from timing out over a long period. Another option would be to add a second monitor and have the app open and maximized on the second screen.

Regarding your question about reducing the display screen size, you can reduce the size of the app window by going out of full-screen mode, then hovering over the corner and resizing the screen to the size you’d like.

Is the issue of the PC app timing out EVER going to be addressed?
Users have been complaining about the app “pausing” after 30 minutes for years now and it seems nothing is being done.
If you are using the app for live streaming then you are likely using for surveillance or monitoring and the last thing you want is for it to pause the cameras.
There must be a way to disable this pause function.
Why is YI unwilling to address this? It really is absurd.

1 Like

Hey @wirlybird, thank you for joining the forum. I brought your message to the attention the product team.

Thank you but this has been going on for years now and there has been no response to this very problematic issue.

1 Like

Categories