Paring timed out

And, still, your wife is logging in without issue on her device which is an iPhone 8 plus?

Let me inquire with our team some troubleshooting suggestions but this definitely strange.

Are you both using the same login information? or did one of you share the app with the other?

Same log in information. Do we need to use two different ones?

Are you both using the same mobile (cell) network provider and using the same cellular network type (eg 4G)? Or are you attempting to access via the same wifi network and still have this concern?

Are you both on the same version and patch level of ios?

How old is the SIM card you are using?

1 Like

We’re in the same network. Same latest update. My SIM is 6 months old.

Also her SIM card is 6 months old.

Just a thought could you try your sim in the working phone. And vice Versa and see what happens?

1 Like

Great suggestion @YorkshireUser That would definitely help point our team in the right direction. Thanks for your patience while we look to get this figured

1 Like

It still does the same thing. I cannot even create an account on my phone through the app because the CAPTCHA code is broken. My Simplisafe app works fine, but the Kami and Yi apps are not working anymore. Is it something with the iPhone models? or iPhone OS updates?

Can you post the iOS version for each iPhone and state which is related to which model of phone.

1 Like

@elMucaro there has to be a difference between your wife’s phone and yours that we haven’t discovered yet. This def a strange one.

As YorkShire inquired, is there a difference in iOS operating systems between yours and your wives phones?

1 Like

She has iOS 15.1 and I have 15.2

Now the living room camera is not working. The one in the Kitchen is good. I’m checking through my wife’s phone and the computer app. I could not set up the Simplisafe camera and that’s why I chose the Yi cameras to test my luck. I definitely have bad luck with cameras.

Hey @elMucaro that’s a bummer. I def feel you on having bad luck with things sometimes. Story of my life with electronics. And, oddly enough my wife usually has better luck too! :roll_eyes: I refuse to believe its us but it who knows…

Have you checked your wifi router settings? Is anything being blocked? Any odd settings you can see?

Are you trying to connect on 2.4g or 5g? what about each of your phones?

Thanks for your patience and feedback to help. We will get to the bottom of this!

We haven’t changed the settings, they still the same. I sent one of the cameras for a replacement. The other one still works fine. I can see it through the computer app, but I can’t on my phone. My wife can. My wife uses 2.4g, I use 5g but I also tried with 2.4g and nothing through the app on my phone. I don’t know if I need to restore my phone, but It’s too much work for only one app. My iPhone 11 is running iOS 15.2 and my wife’s iPhone 8 plus is running 15.1.

That is definitely strange. let me talk with our team to see what could be the underlying issue. You are correct, too much work

1 Like

I updated my iPhone 11 today to iOS 15.2.1 and I still cannot log in or create a new account through the app (captcha code broken).

The app is working again on my iPhone 11. For some reason it started to work today (18 January 2022). Finally my wife connected me through the sharing option, and I can see the cameras. Yes :raised_hands: thank you.

2 Likes

Thanks for your patience @elMucaro ! And, thanks for the update :slight_smile: glad to hear all is working

Yes, the CAPTCHA code worked this time. Thanks again.

1 Like

I am facing the exact same issue with YiDome Camera 1080p.

The camera was paired to my account and everything was working fine but today it no longer shows the camera under my account in the app. After the QR code scan, it says Wifi is connected but after about 1-2 mins, it says “.Pairing has timed out, please reset the camera”.

Categories