Not able to view longer history on my SD card

I even said I thought the application was a good design just that they were removing functionality that I had available when I purchased the cameras and was one of the reasons I purchased them and put a 32GB card in. But, in now way was it hateful, disrespectful or was foul language used. I agree, time to find a third party forum.

1 Like

People need one way or another to get footage off cameras before memory is overwritten people are desperate
Please fix it quickly
shireking

1 Like

Well it’s technically over halfway through the week, the promised update that was due at the start of the week to fix all of our issues still hasn’t appeared I’m guessing this is down to the more rigourous testing that’s now being undertaken?

Any update on the update almost another week gone by ???

1 Like

You commented on thread that was deleted. If the original comment is deleted not yours. Here is your message:

from @myet01: You know, this isn’t about bad app functionality which I think is better than the old version of the app. It’s about taking away functionality that we had when we first bought the cameras. I have been using Yi cameras and I have 5 of them for 2 or 3 years and gradually you have been taking away a little functionality here and there in an effort to get us to purchase the cloud. That is why I purchased a 32GB card for my cameras so that I could have recordings for days. Now I only can have 3 days worth and to me, that means you lied back when I purchased them because you have now changed the limitation of the amount of recording I can do. I like your cameras but lets face it and be honest, you are gradually taking more functionality away in an effort to make people move to the cloud to get it back.

Will the coming update be proper tested this time, before it will be released?

1 Like

Added the above broken promise to the rest of the broken functionality of the app.

1 Like

We have released iOS and will be shooting to release Android tomorrow. We thought it be better to not rush and get it right. Its already been reported by our iOS users that the app is back to normal and the most recent release had the major improvements to get us over that hump. Your patience is greatly appreciated. As soon as Android is out, I will announce it across the forum.

1 Like

You bet it will be. Already receiving reports from iOS users that all is back to normal. Android is expected tomorrow.

Got the update today , still not right though , I am limited to 3 days worth of SD card playback (128gb card) no timestamps overlayed on downloaded videos, connected via WiFi , 3g network it takes multiple attempts to connect to the camera, motion activity events do not get changed to viewed once viewed. Sometimes when viewing motion events it says I need a cloud plan even though I’m in SD card mode…

I’ve used the latest version (24th Sep Update) for a while now and it appears to have resolved most the issues I had and reinstated the features that were removed for SD card users. I can now see 7 days of motion alerts and can directly link to the full clip on the SD card. Further back than that I can scroll the timeline which is fine and is how it was advertised when I bought the camera. As long as there aren’t plans to remove any of the features again I would happily recommend the cameras to others again.

1 Like

The app is better with the latest update, but is still a little buggy compared to the version before the big update.

Please update to the most recent release. All has been resolved as you can see from others on the forum :slight_smile: please know we are constantly working to improve the overall experience and functionality of the app. The most recent release did not meet our high quality standard and will work in the future to improve. If you update to the most recent release, all will be well

@Steven_Kami I am on the latest update which was released on the 24th, I am hard capped to 3 days worth of recording , I cannot go further then this even by swiping the timeline. 128gb micro SD cards on two cameras. I used to get approx 10 to 14 days

Also missing the stream bitrate on screen and the ability to switch between HD and SD streams when viewing live.

It says no video recorder on SD card on [DATE] when i scroll back. Not true, i could see the video for those dates before updating app. I can still see it when i use SD card on my laptop.

I can still only see 3 days of video playback on my SD card… This is with my 128gb SD card, swapping cards to 64gb also gives me 3 days , 32gb also 3 days.

@Psisquare @retroisbest what version of the app are you both using? And, Are you on iOS or Android?

Hey Steven: how does one check what version of iphone app they have had installed by Yi ?

Go to the Apple App Store, search Yi Home, and you’ll be able to see the version you are running and if there is a new update available. Don’t tap on open, simply tap to open the App Store listing and don’t go to your updates menu but again search and find the app in the Apple App Store.

Android 10
5.1.1_20210929 version of Kami home
Samsung Galaxy s9+

Categories