No alerts of people

I receive a good number of alerts from my 1080P’s on the window sill looking into my garden. Many of the alerts are set off by plants moving in the wind of by insects flying by.
However it is not picking up people walking up the path. I have checked that the activity area is set correctly & have set the sensitivity at the various levels from high to low but it does not make any difference.
Any thoughts please on how I can solve the problem?

Hi,

The YI Home 1080p camera detects activity based on motion using a PIR motion sensor. The PIR sensor will trigger activity based a movement and a heat signature within range for the sensor to detect movement. If the insect or plants are moving within range of the PIR sensor but the human with a larger heat signature is out of range, the camera will not trigger. There is also a cool-off period for the camera that determines when the camera will trigger. To verify, in the app click on the hexagon symbol > Settings > Smart Detection > Alert Frequency. Please set to High. If the camera is facing through a window, the window can cause reflections and not allow the camera to detect movement when needed. If you face the camera towards you in the house, does the camera trigger an Alert? Do you have local(microSD) or cloud storage? If so, do you see footage of people walking when viewing in the playback or cloud section of your app?

The 1080 home cameras actually detect motion by the change in pixelation that the camera sees. This is why they pick up bugs and birds so easily. The problem comes in the cool down time, frequency. If it is set high the camera will go off more frequently. If you decrease it the camera enters a longer time between triggers which may cause it to miss humans. I upgraded to home camera 3 which uses AI technology and a lot fewer false alerts.

Thank you very much for your reply. Two of my cameras were set to high, the other two I have now changed to high. I am now getting more alerts but still not alerting me when a person approaches the house.
The cameras are viewing out of windows & to clarify it is not detecting the people walking up the path the plants are alongside the path, the activity region is set to cover the gates & path.
The cameras do not pick me up when I swing them around towards me. I use SD cards in the cameras.
I have just walked down the path to my gates, it did not send an alert about me but it did send one when an insect flew over the path a moment later. I can see myself when I play back the video.
Thank you

I’m having the same issue since the update a few days ago. I have the Kami outdoor camera and did not make any changes to my settings. I no longer get alerts to people moving at all. Shadows, bugs, car lights - yup…but people…no. My son has walked up to the garage over 7 times today and nothing. I know they now moved “people” detection to the paid plan but shouldn’t we still get alerts to something as big as a human being even when we don’t have the paid plan???

Categories