Multi-Camera View Audio

Hello,

I have two Yi Dome Cameras and just subscribed to cloud service so that my wife and I could utilize the multi-camera view functionality within the Yi Home app. We use these cameras to monitor young ones during nap time, etc. and could not find a way to allow audio when in the multi-camera view.

Is there any way to enable audio from both cameras while in multi-view? If not, I believe this would be an easy and valuable feature to add.

Thank you,

Ryan

Hey @rnagy Great question! And, welcome to the community.

It is not possible to turn on multiple camera microphones when using multi cam view. You can listen to each camera individually but not at the same time.

I agree, great feature. The forum is an excellent place to share. I will add this to our requested features and talk with our product team.

Hope you’re having a good one!

1 Like

Thanks for the speedy response @Steven_Kami!

Hopefully the product development team likes the idea as the multi-camera view was the main reason we subscribed to cloud service.

If the app added the ability to monitor sound in the multi-camera view, we would likely continue our subscription. Without this key feature, the main reason we subscribed to the cloud service is of little benefit to us.

Should the product team decide this is a feature worth implementing, approximately how long does it usually take to get a feature added? (A couple months, half a year, in excess of a year?)

Thanks in advance!

-R

2 Likes

I have the same sentiment as @rnagy. Without the ability to have audio coming from multiple cameras, the multi-view is of no use to us. Also the only reason we subscribed to the cloud service. Would need this feature added to continue being a cloud customer.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @zieg8301 we really appreciate anyway we any feedback that we can apply. I will add this to our requested feedback for our developers and see what we can do for future releases.

1 Like

Glad to see this is still a possibility @Steven_Kami! The lack of response inspired little confidence that this feature was actually being considered.

@zieg8301 Glad I’m not the only one that subscribed for this feature and found out it was not available! Haha!

1 Like

Glad I found this thread- same exact boat over here and was the only reason I subscribed. Without the sound, it’s of no use- will be cancelling our subscription sadly.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! I will share it with our team. We are working to improve that app greatly.

Categories