Model numbers of cameras

I’m a bit confused; is the YI 1080P HOME CAMERA AI+ the exact same camera as the YI HOME CAMERA 3?

YI 1080P HOME CAMERA AI+:

YI HOME CAMERA 3:

One is listed in inches, the other mm. But if you look at the picture of the dimensions, they use the exact same pictures for both. Is one a US version, the other a European? The 1080 is $4.0 cheaper than the 3 as well.

This probably needs it’s own question, but I would also like to know the processor used in these and the size of the CMOS sensor. Both of these specs are avail for the Camera 2, but neither of the above cameras lists it in the specs and no amount of web searching has turned them up for me, either.

1 Like

Hey chi_town60608! Thank you for the inquiry! In regards to the difference between the 2 cameras. YI Home 3 it has a human detection feature compare to the YI Home 1080p that only has motion detection. About the image sensor, YI Home 1080p has a 1/2 7" 2MP CMOS sensor.

No different. And nothing to do with Europe or US.

I was using both the 1080 AI and 3 in my house but I replaced the 1080 AI fully fir the Home 3. They in my opinion are better.

In regards to the region, it doesn’t matter. The cameras are created to be use world wide. We appreciate the feedback.

Thank you for the info, but I’m looking for specifics. The home camera 2 had an Ambarella S2LM processor and a Panasonic MN34229 CMOS image sensor. Can you tell me what processors and sensors the Home 1080p and Home Camera 3 use? These are pretty elementary details to provide.

1 Like

The Camera Home 1080p has 1/2.7" 2MP CMOS sensor, Home 3 doesn’t support Image sensor.

1 Like

:dizzy_face:

How is possible a camera without a image sensor?

About chipset, as far as I know Yi has cameras with three different chipsets

• Hi3518e (some models)
  • MStar MSC3XX (Yi home 1080 AI+, Yi Home 3, and a lot more)
  • Ambarella S2LM (only Yi Home 2)

In my personal opinion Yi Home 2 is one of the best Yi cameras, even today (2022). Image quality is supperior, and its microphone is spectacular, recording even someone whispering. None of Yi Cameras has so wide vision angle (130º), very usefull for small spaces, you see what other Yi cameras do not see.

By the other hand Yi Home 2 has some problems:

• Very low WiFi coverage (It has to be near of the access point)
  • Ghosting in night mode (Yi home 3 or Yi Home 1080 AI+ are better here)

PS: A difference between Yi Home 3 and the rest of the cameras is that it has a magnetic stand

Categories