Kami wire-free outdoor - Motion Detection issue

I would try putting the camera in the shed more on an angle to try and improve detection.

But detection across all types of these monitoring cameras that use batteries are the same. A factor of the technology hence why they cannot really be called a security system more a monitoring system.

I’m not so bothered here in this instance as I dont use it for anything other than checking in on it.

From a security point of view You’d have to pass 3 wired outdoor cameras to get there at it in any direction.

Fort Brian is well captured then :wink:

I think that’s the issue really as Yi/Kami do not make the differences in identical looking cameras visible. IT’s whether the tech can do it, it’s that they are sold as equivalent. Wired camera going back up tomorrow. And @Brian Thanks for posting the pics, it’s a good sanity check so was good to hear from someone with both. @YorkshireUser thanks again too.

Agreed. And I think consumers don’t always recognise there will be a difference. I would never recommend a battery device for pure security - it just is not capable. Will that change in time who knows but batteries would need to become bigger and better and that would mean a camera size to match. That said for convenience and monitoring they have a place. Just need to understand the pitfalls which many people experience. As I’ve said before not just with the YI / Kami range but multiple vendors many of whom charge very much more than Yi / Kami.

But going back to your particular case. I am still unsure why it will not pick up something. But I’ve seen a recent customer of Blink and they are suffering something very similar to yourself. So think it could just be the technology.

Categories