Kami Doorbell POLL // Help Pick a Color!

#1 Light grey could be a good universal color for most homes.

1 Like

Yeah, walnut and white oak options would be super nice. I’m not sure about durability outdoors though.

I didn’t have the time to respond the poll, but I would definitely choose Dark Metal. Dark colors are the best when you think in outdoor.

I think it’s a very cool idea. I’ve added your suggestion to my feedback sheet which I will share with the product team.

And the winner by majority vote :drum: :drum: :drum:

Dark Metal Grey with 61% of the total votes!

The Kami Home Team would like to say a big thank you to everyone who voted and left feedback. We’ve been blown away by the response, and have a lot to discuss for future iterations. But first, the product launch, of which we will have more details very soon, so stay tuned!

Thanks for the feedback Alejandro. I like the Dark Metal as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Arrrggghhhhh missed the poll… luckily Dark Metal is what I would have chosen… :smiley:

I can’t wait for these to be available to buy, any idea on Pricing yet?

I emailed your support ZenDesk (ticket no: 288495) March 12 2019 asking if you did a doorbell camera… from the look of the images above it looks like it will be worth the wait!!

Also, I assume it will be wireless for images but wired for power (like the YI Outdoor Camera 1080). If I am right, will the usb be hard wired like on the Outdoor Camera? I had to cut off the plug to feed it through a wall then attach a new usb plug to the wire - no big deal for me but I would imagine some people would be put off by that.

Love the enthusiasm @Ricolas I’m happy your favorite color (and mine) was chosen.

In answer to your question, we are actually going to offer Kami Doorbell in both wire-free battery powered and hard-wire options. People can then chose the format that will works best for there situation. I think I’ll be going for the battery option myself :smiley:

It’s awesome that there will be both options… battery is definitely easier… my fear would be that the battery dies and you don’t realise until it’s too late

With it being wired - is it going to be wired using the standard USB which then plugs into a normal power socket?

Gray Metal for me. Matches our door jam.

1 Like

Hey Jay, I checked with the product team and there will indeed be a MicroUSB to wall plug option :+1:

1 Like

I totally agree Ricolas - the Wired option would be suit most people i think.

1 Like

This is great! Thanks for checking, I hope the microUSB is on the back of the device, certain nighttime wonderers have a tendency to cut all the wires they can around a house.

Hey @Adam my backyard sprinkler system knows all about that.

Hi… i liked more dark metal too…

But, I’m agree with @MilkinMore, after the launch we have some option of color. What if the edge cover can be change to another colors? Or kind of case that you can change?

Just a ideia for this product or maybe others.

Bests

Juarez

Hey Juarez I’ll ask the product team if this could be a possibility for the future.

Hi Mark,

any further updates as when this will be released?

@jaychou_uk

Hey Jay we’re having a team meeting tomorrow so I will ask for an update then and get back to you.

Hi Mark,

Any further updates buddy?

Categories