Kami Doorbell POLL // Help Pick a Color!

Thanks for the feedback Alejandro. I like the Dark Metal as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Arrrggghhhhh missed the poll… luckily Dark Metal is what I would have chosen… :smiley:

I can’t wait for these to be available to buy, any idea on Pricing yet?

I emailed your support ZenDesk (ticket no: 288495) March 12 2019 asking if you did a doorbell camera… from the look of the images above it looks like it will be worth the wait!!

Also, I assume it will be wireless for images but wired for power (like the YI Outdoor Camera 1080). If I am right, will the usb be hard wired like on the Outdoor Camera? I had to cut off the plug to feed it through a wall then attach a new usb plug to the wire - no big deal for me but I would imagine some people would be put off by that.

Love the enthusiasm @Ricolas I’m happy your favorite color (and mine) was chosen.

In answer to your question, we are actually going to offer Kami Doorbell in both wire-free battery powered and hard-wire options. People can then chose the format that will works best for there situation. I think I’ll be going for the battery option myself :smiley:

It’s awesome that there will be both options… battery is definitely easier… my fear would be that the battery dies and you don’t realise until it’s too late

With it being wired - is it going to be wired using the standard USB which then plugs into a normal power socket?

Gray Metal for me. Matches our door jam.

1 Like

Hey Jay, I checked with the product team and there will indeed be a MicroUSB to wall plug option :+1:

1 Like

I totally agree Ricolas - the Wired option would be suit most people i think.

1 Like

This is great! Thanks for checking, I hope the microUSB is on the back of the device, certain nighttime wonderers have a tendency to cut all the wires they can around a house.

Hey @Adam my backyard sprinkler system knows all about that.

Hi… i liked more dark metal too…

But, I’m agree with @MilkinMore, after the launch we have some option of color. What if the edge cover can be change to another colors? Or kind of case that you can change?

Just a ideia for this product or maybe others.

Bests

Juarez

Hey Juarez I’ll ask the product team if this could be a possibility for the future.

Hi Mark,

any further updates as when this will be released?

@jaychou_uk

Hey Jay we’re having a team meeting tomorrow so I will ask for an update then and get back to you.

Hi Mark,

Any further updates buddy?

I’d say the Dark Metal is the one! It has a premium look that I would expect to see. IMO it also gives that “techy” look without being overboard. I don’t really see a need to accessorize a doorbell with different changeable options myself, but maybe during the selection process a choice of one or another would be good. Either way looks awesome!!

1 Like

Hey Jay! Sorry for the delay. I just heard from our head of product that he wants to start beta testing in a months time.

Hey Branden, thanks for the feedback! I like the Dark Metal as well.

Hey, @Kami_Mark & @KamiHome! The doorbell looks amazing! Even though the poll is over, if I could vote, I would’ve voted for the Dark Grey finish as well. I’m curious if there are further details on the beta testing, and how one could be chosen to be a beta tester? I’m in the market for a doorbell camera, and this one for me would be the top choice cause I already have Kami/Yi products in my house, so I’d love to keep things within the same ecosystem.

Hey, @xolanir Thanks for your feedback! The Dark Grey finish is definitely one of the top choices on the thread. We are getting closer to launch. And, just updated our Doorbell Beta Testing thread. We will send you a message to grab some info to get you added to our beta tester list!

You can see our latest update on our Doorbell here:

Categories