Issue with playback from SD card using timeline iOS YiHome Outdoor Camera

Hi all. I am not sure if I am the only one having this problem. The problem I am having is, when I try and review footage recorded using the timeline, it skips and plays from a different time.

For example, I scrub through the timeline and select 21:00hrs, the camera will play footage from 09:00hrs.

Another example, I want to see the footage from a notification at 17:00hrs, I select this and watch the 6-second clip. I then try and watch the “Complete Video” and the camera will play footage from 05:00hrs (5am instead of 5pm)

It seems the timeline doesn’t recognize the difference between Am and PM and therefore selecting the correct footage is near impossible.

My current setup is:
I have 5 Cameras, 3 outdoor wifi cameras, and 2 indoor cameras. (all on the latest firmware)
I am using the YiHome ios app on my iPhone 8. (all on the latest firmware)
All cameras are using the recommended Samsung extreme pro 32GB cards.
All cameras are set to record activity only.

Any help with figuring this out is much appreciated.

Hello @William Thanks for coming to the community for more information. This is a great place to learn and share.

Will you please try adjusting your phones clock to 24hr instead of 12 hr to see if this resolves the issue?

Your phone clock needs to sync with your app clock. Navigate to the settings for each camera, select “Camera Settings” again, and double check your clock is set to the correct timezone

Let us know how it goes

Hi Steven.
By changing the time format to 24hrs on my iOS, it has resolved this mystery. Albeit I prefer the 12hr clock I now know what I need to do to review footage. Would there be a permanent fix in the future?

Thank you again for your help!
Will

1 Like

Glad to hear that worked out @William Let me check with the team on this one and get back to you with a little more information.

I also prefer the 12 hr clock and get the annoyance.

Thanks for your patience!

Hey @William What is your phone model? And, how long ago do you think this started?

Many thanks for your patience

Categories