Is there a way to keep the desktop app continually running?

I’m replying to this post right at the top so people who need this solution can see it. It’s directly copy/pasted from below.

Hi all! If you’re still looking for a desktop-based solution, I think I have one. I made this throwaway account to post this solution I found, because I don’t feel like the creators would appreciate it as it’s free and I have a feeling they will soon want to charge for these features. lol

On your PC, download a program called Bluestacks, which is an android emulator. Once its downloaded and set up, install and log into the Yi Home app just like you would on any android device. This alone will allow you to monitor your cameras without timing out!

You now have Yi home on your PC, which won’t time out and is fully capable of recording without payment! Enjoy!

Kami, you had no intention of giving people this feature and you should be ashamed for lying.

1 Like

Is there an equivalent for my Mac?

I made an account to echo this.
This Program is garbage. There is no reason whatsoever to pause these feeds, and apparently they’ve been working on a fix for two years? Get your shit together, I have spent way too much money on these cameras for it to pause every 30 minutes. Yeah, I have crime in the area, I keep the cameras up so I can check quick in the middle of the night when I hear something concerning, but guess what I have to do now? I have to reload everything and wait a minute or two before I can see what that ominous noise is.
Your program sucks. There’s no excuse for this. If you’re trying to extort subscription fees, be honest about it. You’re being misleading. This is gross. People are using these to feel safe and to protect their loved ones. I hate your product and if there was something cheaper I’d get it.
Go literally anywhere else. This problem will not be solved. (Bluestacks works though. It’s an Android OS emulator. Boot up YiHome app on there, and it will not pause. Bluestacks does take a lot of memory to maintain, however.)

Couldn’t agree more. However they are just going to ban you from posting anything related to the “30 minute” issue.
This has been a known issue far longer than a few years.
At this point they refuse to even acknowledge it and obviously have no intention of doing anything about it.
“Steven_Kami” keeps responding with a “we’ll look into it to see what we can do” like he’s NEVER heard about it before. Really disingenuous.

Strangely I started getting this issue recently and a few weeks ago it would remain active all day. After finding this thread and seeing the lack of help from Yi used a little powershell script to pretend to press scroll lock on and off every 5 minutes. It’s remaining active all day again now.

Save this as a PS1 file, right click and select run with powershell

clear-Host
Echo “Prod Yi”
$WShell = New-Object -com “Wscript.Shell”
While ($true) {
$WShell.sendkeys("{SCROLLLOCK}")
Start-Sleep -Milliseconds 200
$WShell.sendkeys("{SCROLLLOCK}")
Start-Sleep -Seconds 350
}

This is good…
but you need to UPDATE windows Powershell to 7 (then it works)
you can download from the Micorosft Website: Click here…

install it, at the end it will say, click here to add to context menu…click it.
then you can run this scrip

What the Script does…incase anyone is worried;|

This PowerShell script continuously toggles the scroll lock key on the keyboard every 350 seconds (approximately 5 minutes and 50 seconds). It starts by clearing the host window, then echoes “Prod Yi” to the console. Afterward, it creates a new instance of the Windows Scripting Host Shell object. The script then enters a loop that toggles the scroll lock key twice with a delay of 200 milliseconds between each toggle. After toggling, it waits for 350 seconds before repeating the process indefinitely ( $true condition in the while loop). This script could potentially be used for various purposes, such as preventing a computer from going to sleep or preventing a screensaver from activating. However, it’s important to note that this script might have unintended consequences if run on a system where the scroll lock key serves a specific function.

WHY they will never, stop the 30min timer.
think about it, they have millions of subs, uploading data, a 30min time, or cooldown timer is what they need.

also do note: that command doesnt work.

Mine recently started doing this. This cutting off every 30 minutes has endangered my families lives. We have items being stolen/gas from our yard. The law harassing us. I work on vehicles in my yard and if a car falls on me no one will know until its to late. My 84 years mother scoots around in the yard in her wheel chair and if she falls over i wont now until its to late. I really love the app (IPhone and PC) But i may have to look for other ways to view my camera if this is not corrected and soon. I feel your company is legally responsible for any injuries or deaths that occur. We leave one computer on at all times so we can see whats going on outside and yall have put a stop to that. We dont feel safe.

Thank You,
Claude Taylor

there is motion in our yard 24 hours a day and it still pauses. We do not want this! Please fix it now!

Categories