Introduce Yourself!

Hi @angelo_lopes and welcome! The YI and Kami team and I would like to say a big thanks for your 5 years of support!

On a side note, I just checked out some photos of Oporto—wow! It looks like an amazing place. Hopefully I’ll be able to holiday there one day.

Best,
Mark

1 Like

I thank you.

Regarding Oporto, you really must feel it. Come, you’ll love to be here and will want to return :smile:

:smile: I look forward to it

Doorbell camera new here

Welcome @BooBoo :wave:

A post was split to a new topic: Trouble Pairing YI Dome 1080p

I am new to Kami. My neighbor has had Yi for years and has been trying to convince me to purchase them for several years now. I joined the forum to find answers to my upcoming questions, because I’m sure I’ll have some. LOL

1 Like

Hi Susan! Welcome! Sounds like you have a great neighbor haha. What Kami camera did you purchase?

Hi. My name is Chetan. I’m from Mumbai, India. I’ve been using 4 Yi Dome Cameras 1080p at home since almost a year now.
One of my cameras isn’t working. I think the issue is with the lens and it can’t read the QR code while connecting.
Need technical support. Would you have a service centre in India?

Hi Chetan, thank you for joining the forum. I’m sorry to hear you are having trouble with your camera.

I will sent you a private message to get some more information from you.

Hi, I started my YI journey with the dashcam and loved the quality from it, capturing a couple of accidents which I was able to download and share with the parties involved, funny moments and even a meteor one evening so when i moved home I concentrated on having some kind of home security system and wanted it to be smart. With already a great experience of a YI product the YI home camera line was very enticing. I am now with 5 YI cameras (3 x YI Home and 2 x YI Home 3) and the Kami security kit. Its great that the cameras are now integrated with google home and the windows pc app has allowed me (in combination with obs studio) to do zoom calls with work during lockdown in some interesting camera angles rather than PC webcam, although as much as I like the peace of mind I think the wife likes it more as she can check out any noises or check in on toddler without moving. Only just found this forum but like some of the ideas and suggestions here so decided to join this community.

1 Like

Hey everyone! I’m Branden from the Cincinnati Ohio area USA . I’ve been using a set of indoor YI Home 3 cameras for about a month so far. The quality of the cameras for the price is outstanding! I have had one fall about 6 ft to a hard concrete surface and thought for sure it would be destroyed. To my surprise after resetting and reconfiguring it worked as if right out of the box. I love the features and ease of understanding the settings. I have the cloud service right now but I also installed an SD card in each camera, although I’m not exactly sure how the cards are being used or if they are even in use and if so will they fill up or loop? This is a question for tech support at another time. All in all I’m very happy with this brand and the value and the ease of using the app and it’s features. My guess is that the upcoming doorbell is going to be outstanding can’t wait to see what happens with that.

Hey Nat, thanks for the intro! It’s great to have someone with you’re knowledge here!

Hey BrandenB! Welcome and thanks so much for sharing your feedback and thoughts about YI and your cameras! And that’s awesome to hear that the camera still worked after that big drop :scream:

1 Like

Hi Jason, thanks for joining the forum. Sorry to hear you’re having these issues. I’m going to send you a private message to provide you with some more information regarding the problem you’re having with the app.

Hi. My name is Juarez. I’m from Sao Paulo, Brazil. I’ve 3 Cameras (1 YI Home Camera 3 and 2 YI 1080p Home Camera) just for few days and Im loved the cameras.
Im joined this forum to learn more about the products and share experience.

thanks and congrats for the good products.

Best

Juarez

Hey @Juarezpj thank you very much for the great intro! I have some friends from Sao Paulo and it sounds like a fascinating city. I look forward to hearing more about your experiences with your cameras.

1 Like

Good morning! I have been using YI cameras for years now. Love the simplicity. I’m new to the community and am unsure of how to post questions. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hi @SuzseeQ thank you so much for joining the forum. It’s great to have more long time YI users like yourself around here! If you have a question, all you need to do is head over to the Community Support section of the forum and click on the ‘New Topic’ button. Looking forward to helping out however I can :slight_smile:

Lonny and Tina from Anchorage (and Honolulu respectively)

We’ve been using the yi outdoor wifi camera for several months now and it’s been (mostly) really intuitive to set up and display (really love the ability to stream to smart devices via voice!)

(Just thought of this idea… How about the ability to ask “who is it?” Via voice command without having to find your phone, open an app, hit or hold a button, and utter the phrase whilst holding said button. I for one would LOVE this feature. Also, once the task had been triggered, the stream sends to smart devices to “see” in screen who is there, also a great feature.

Really impressed with your outreach and social media posting. I can see that you all really care (and are actively encouraged I’m sure) about making the products less daunting more interactive/intuitive and all around user/developer friendly.

It’s refreshing to see a tech company employ so many non tech related employees (psychology really!? That’s awesome!)

I hope (and am quite certain) that your company continues to be as communicative as you already seem to be going forward. Especially what with the age of social distancing becoming the norm, a firm and healthy grasp of what makes tech approachable intuitive and “human” will serve us all going forward. You + and I = Yi indeed.

Cheers!

1 Like

Categories