Incorrect Password When Connecting to Extender

I had to change my Wifi password for my router. My extender automatically changes to the same password and works with other devices, namely PC and iPad and iPhone. Now, when I try to reset YI home camera and connect to my Extender, it says ‘incorrect password’, even though the password IS correct and it IS the same as direct wifi connection to router and other devices work with extender correctly. I am able to connect the camera directly to router wifi with same password, but NOT to extender. Please help. Thanks!

Interesting! That sounds really frustrating. I am sorry to hear there is an issue with pairing.

Can you give this help desk article a read and see if this helps at all: https://help.yitechnology.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040772554-Issues-with-setup-pairing-camera-

When you reset the camera, make sure it is deleted from your account before you go through the pairing process again.

If none of the suggested steps work, we will go from there and escalate this internally.

OK, so I decided to do something different, although it took some effort… but I finally got access to my extender settings and changed the wifi name to match the main wifi name. Bingo! Now they connect and don’t care which device they are connected to!

1 Like

Awesome! thanks for the feedback. That will definitely be helpful for someone else down the road. Glad to hear you’ve gotten straightened out

Categories