I’m getting notifications from two accounts

I already have YI cameras, the iOS app and an account and everything is working fine.
I bought my mother some YI Cameras for her home. I logged out of my account on the app and created a new account for her and set up her cameras through her home wifi. All cameras are working fine. She installed the YI app on her android phone and logged in using her user credentials and could see all cameras.
I logged out of her account on my iphone and logged back into my own account And could see my own home cameras. Everythings good so far but now when im logged into my own account, i am receiving motion detection notifications for my own cameras (as expected) but also notifications for my mothers cameras as well ( not expected). How do i stop this so that i only receive notifications for my cameras and not hers as well? Thanks

Hi @Norfolkvw, thanks for joining the forum. That sounds quite annoying. I’m not sure what would be causing that, but our tech support team will do some investigation. I just sent you a private message to get some account details.

I’d be interested in that too. Because I think my cameras might be getting accessed through an old account I used to have linked to them.

Have you shared your cameras from one account to another?

I don’t think its that. I get the notification on my phone that the camera has triggered but when i click on the notification, the YI Home app opens but no video from the camera is shown. If the camera was being shared then i would be able to see the video.

I never shared them from one account to another but I did have them hooked up under a different account that I had shared with someone - if that makes sense…

@Norfolkvw if you don’t mind trying this, can you please log out of the YI Home app, then download the Kami Home app. You will need to enable notifications when asked in the app. Then see if you receive notifications from just your account, or both. Thanks!

Hi Mark. I logged out of the YI home app and installed the Kami app and enabled notifications on that app. I logged into the kami home app and got iphone notifications from the YI home app (even though i wasn’t logged in to that app) and notification from the Kami home app. The only difference being that the kami home app notifications were for my cameras only and not my mums as well. The YI home notifications were for both mine and my mums cameras. I switched off YI home notifications in the iphone settings so that I’m now only getting kami home notifications and for my cameras only. Looks like I’ll stick with this setup for the time being. Thanks

Hey @Norfolkvw, that’s great news. I wonder if you delete the YI Home app and then reinstall it, if that might fix the problem, and you can go back to using the YI app. Might be worth a try.

Hi Mark. I logged out of the Kami app, deleted the YI app then reinstalled theYI app. I logged into the YI app and am now receiving notifications from my cameras only. I left it for a few days to make sure it’s working correctly, which it is. I’ve now deleted the kami app as the YI app is working correctly once more. Thanks for all your help.

Hey @Norfolkvw that’s great to hear. Thank you for keeping me in the loop!

Categories