I can't believe you took away PEOPLE motion detection!!

As of the recent update V3.6.1 from a few days ago (it’s 9/24/22), I no longer get alerts to any person in my driveway and activity zone. Just bugs, car lights on the street, and shadows from the tree in the wind. My son has come into the garage over 7 times today and not one alert. But let a moth fly by and there it is. This started when Yi moved “people detection” to the paid subscription a few days ago! I have made sure my “zone” was set correctly so i won’t get the lights of passing cars but now I get them when before the update, I did not. I have tried different sensitivities but I have to say, a full grown person walking in my driveway should trigger a motion alert even on low sensitivity!!! Nothing. What good is this camera now? It was working just find before this update so I know what it is supposed to be doing!

I get that you want money - but what good is the camera now if we no longer get alerts to something as big as a person in our driveway? Isn’t that still considered “motion”. The paid plan should only be more specific for “person” motion to keep the false alerts down. Is it really your intent to not allow non paid plan owners to get alerts to someone or something other than bugs/shadows/lights? I’m really hoping this is a bug in the system and it will be corrected. Otherwise, these cameras (Mix of Kami and Yi) are now useless to me.
My settings:

1 Like

Hey,

Apologies for any difficulties you experienced with the setup. We’d be happy to take a look into this for you, please contact us at https://www.kamihome.com/contact.

Thank you.

No need - already contacted you and the reply was to get a paid plan to use this feature now. Now I get bugs, shadows, light reflections - all things NON human related and yet, when I scroll back through the recordings on my SD Card, there are people coming and going but since all the minor players are using my the “cool down” period which I already set to the shortest period available - the important movements are missed in the Alerts. It’s a criminals playground now since I won’t be alerted BEFORE they come inside. This is NOT security at all. I bought these cameras before paid plans were even a thing with Yi. It was just the cloud for alerts and that was free. I was told you would not make us get a paid plan and here we are today and I need a paid plan after all. You lied to me and then you made my “security” cameras useless for security. Then I get the usual “sorry for the inconvenience” replies from customer service but that’s all. Apologies do not make my cameras efficient security devices like they were BEFORE all the new updates and removal of features. And the casual “hey” as if we are buddies does not soften the fact that you are committing extortion by pressuring your customers to PAY for services that you once provided for free. Yi was a great security system when it first started but when you split and started the “Kami” part of the business, things changed for the worse. I even tried the “free trial” with our new outdoor Kami camera and was not impressed as the camera quality has gone way down. Spots in the cover make it blurry in spots, halos, some cameras have a constant grinding sound that drowns out the other sounds we need to hear. Plan prices have gone way up and then you even split by camera number on the plan. Greed is ugly and you got it.

3 Likes

Hey,

We sincerely apologize for the trouble, we will be happy to help you if you can share your concerns with support@yitechnlogy.com Attn - Samuel.

Thank you.

100% agree. The problem is that they cant make money selling you a £50 camera. But as a subscription business they make £100 a year from each of us. So even if they lose 75% of their clients they are probably still better off. I stopped being angry about it ages ago. Just buy another product.

Same here! I have been building a system for years and now up to 8 cameras! Suddenly they all lost people detection unless I buy the plan! I PAID FOR THESE CAMERAS WITH THE PEOPLE DETECTION BUILT IN!!! Long ago they took away the ability to view multiple camera on the phone. Then suddenly it’s a paid feature! Someone has a terrible business plan!

I also tried a trial of the cloud plan to check their AI for people, Animal and car detection. It’s completely worthless if you use the audible alarm on the outdoor cameras! All the AI does is filter to only alert your phone of people, animals or cars! The darn thing still audibly beeps at every bug flying by, shadows or anything else moving! I used to highly recommend these cameras. Not anymore! I argued with them for weeks and all they offered a $30 credit. That’s it! They still took away functions that I paid for!

Someone let me know of another comparable brand that has the audible beeping with AI.

2 Likes

Yep now looking at replacing all cameras this company cannot be trusted.

1 Like

Я тоже жалею ,что купил и рекомендовал друзьям их камеры, они игнорируют мои обращения исправить проблему обнаружения человека

They aren’t going to fix it because they actually took it away from us unless we pay for it. At first, they pretended it was a “bug” in the system and that they would look into it but then they finally confessed, it was moved to paid plans only.

2 Likes

Спасибо,вам за информацию

Categories