HomeKit integration for all cameras

Lack of HomeKit integration is definitely preventing me from buying more or recommending these to others. At the very least, is there a way to build hooks for Siri or Shortcut calls? What about some triggering via IFTT? Even iRobot can do that and all that does is drive and suck. Thanks for the consideration.

1 Like

True Dgbaerā€¦, i am with you on this. Its a highly required feature now to have this integration with IFTTT as well as home kit. Got an EUFY homekit 2k Camera as Christmas gift this year and trust me it makes life so simple after using that there is no way i can vouch for Yi camera anymore. Hope YI teams hear us soon. As i am too much invested in their ecosystem now.

2 Likes

@GorangV @Dgbaer Really appreciate the feedback. Thank you so much for sharing this. Itā€™s becoming more & more of a requested upgrade from our customers. We will keep all posted when we get to this upgrade.

Dgbaer - Welcome to the community! Thank you for joining. Please stick around share what you know & learn from others.

1 Like

I would love to see HomeKit integration. I have 6 Yi cameras that I use on daily basis and in need of 2 more cameras but only the lack of HomeKit integration is what holding me back from investing more on the brand. Hopefully we hear some good news soon

2 Likes

Thanks @mhamdto for the feedback! I totally get the ease of use of HomeKit integration and as time goes on, its something we plan on looking into but right now weā€™re working hard to improve every aspect of our cameras and the software the relay on.

We appreciate your feedback. The forum feedback is so helpful and we might be lost with out the help of the entire forum.

Thanks, again. Take care.

I planing buy 15 videocam for my new villa and I like your products. But I need smart gadgets for my Apple Home Kitā€¦ :wink:

2 Likes

Another vote for HomeKit integration.
Itā€™s baffling that Alexa is still the only option available.

2 Likes

I think Homekit integration is essential. Sad itā€™s not even on the pipeline. I would think that adding functionality to another app would only increase adoption of your product. Please consider my vote.

2 Likes

Letā€™s go already on HomeKit integration before i have to find a custom firmware that will let me do it myself.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the feedback. We do our best to accommodate all requests.

Hey Steven, any news about homekit integration? Or is it too early to ask?

1 Like

Hey @bernhard thanks for checking in! Still a little early. Weā€™ve been focused on improving the app. Still working through some kinks and improving the experience.

One more vote for HomeKit. I have to havk my Yi cameras in order to use HomeKit and thatā€™s not really convenient.

Another got for HOMEKIT support definitively a huge upgrade for this fantastic cameras. Have more than 5 cameras and use them often to control my houses at distance. Opening on HOMEKIT will be much useful because I use it a lot for my entire house (control of shades, vacuum, blinds, switches, lights, ā€¦ā€¦garage door etc etc :wink: )

1 Like

This is very much needed. Is there another update on when it is coming from YI? I can see last post is from September 2021?

Iā€™ve really loved my Yi cameras and have been using them for years now but itā€™s soooo late in the game to not have HomeKit integration when every single other camera company does. Seriously considering switching over, does anyone have any HomeKit compatible options they recommend?

1 Like

I am also a vote for apple home integration

Well everyone, itā€™s time to pull the plug on YI cameras gaining HomeKit support. I donā€™t know maybe theyā€™re lacking funds and about to shut down. So it wouldnā€™t make sense for them write it into the app. Coming up on 2023 and if it isnā€™t here, it isnā€™t coming.

Check out the EcoBee inside cameras. Theyā€™re affordable and out of the box support HomeKit. Not to mention better hardware.

Hi there! After reading all comments and looking for answer how to connect my cameras to homekit I realised thereā€™s no support and thereā€™s huge demand. I really like yi cameras because of design,price and ease of use. My opinion is you should prioritise homekit integration as a first and then do any other updates on the platform. If you would have homekit compatible cameras Iā€™m sure sales will double for products because of compatibility and price. I think by not integrating homekit you bit sabotaging your brand. I would love to buy more cameras from yi but that they are not homekit compatible I will have to look elsewhere otherwise I will stay with yi because I like your products but I want to have everything homekit compatible for easy use. Not everyone wants to have 20 different apps for every single device they owe. Itā€™s much easier to have google or homekit and control everything from there. Integrate homekit and you will see your sales will increase immediately

1 Like

please please please add homekit support love your cams and it sucks thereā€™s only support for Alexa and google :frowning:

Categories