Help with recording to an SD card

Hi, I would like to know if I can set the camera to record and save it straight to the micro sd card. i’m using it to monitor my 3d printer and would like to save the footage straight to the internal storage; to create a time-lapse.

Yes you can record to SD card. I do it with all my Yi Cameras. Some of the cameras offer a built it time lapse function as well. I personally haven’t used this function.

Hi, thanks for the reply. it does record but then when I come off the app it stops recording?

Hi

Go into your camera settings and scroll down to the bottom. In ‘Storage’ make sure Activity Detection Recording’ is disabled.

Also check that the SD card is in ‘Good Condition’.

What you could try is to format the SD Card (you will lose any recordings though!) by tapping ‘MicroSD Card’ then on the format option.

Your device should record all the time irrespective if the app is open or not.

Also my understanding of the time lapse functionality is if that is set up within the time lapse option you don’t need to keep the app open.

2 Likes

Timelapse is set to predetermined recording time set by user.

Essentially I think it’s up to 6 hours or so. You can also set the length of video to record the 6 hours to 10 20 or 30 seconds

1 Like

Categories