Frustrated with motion detection

Just lost a long reply in the ether.

In brief, I’m not a subscriber because I don’t see the need for how i use the camera, which is to watch for expected guests, grocery deliveries etc. (I’m retired with serious arthritis) Also, with many of my friends, I’m concerned that the whole software industry is shifting to subscription. A dangerous trap for your monthly credit card bill and a nightmare to manage.

Just being the poor man’s advocate.

1 Like

Hi Steven

just catching up on your post a few days back …did your 'Product Management ’ team make anything out of the situation yet ?
here is another example of a ‘big’ motion getting missed completely.
@ 20:30 my kid is on the porch and so is that small white car.
next alert is @ 20:40 , the car is gone
but I never can see who boarded the car and when did the car move away.

This looks to me still being a big issue and would make some rethink about the cloud services(a car with it’s driver who got in and drove away were not picked up)
False positives tend to receive the most attention .
False negatives are far less obvious, since by definition they are triggering no alerts and are typically not detected until well after the fact

the system is not operating effectively – Rules and scenarios are incomplete or not being properly applied. In still other cases, false negatives result from data
issues. Information is not flowing into the monitoring system properly maybe due to technical issues .
would like to know what’s your opinion here please.

I don’t subscribe to the cloud. I have 64Gb micro SD cards in each of my cameras. If you look at the bottom of my screenshots the recordings are shown in red on the time line. My point is this happens whether you use the cloud or not and I assume its a problem with either the camera or firmware?

Hey all - still looking into this. Your patience is greatly appreciated. I will follow up with all tomorrow morning after I have spoken with the product team.

@B0b thank you for clarifying. I will be in touch.

I guess nothing much is going to happen here with this issue in the short time.
so for the time it’s like : Take it or leave it

I have the same problem. It’s very frustrating. I actually had people walk into my house one day but it was never picked up… I have three cameras in my house and one out, because I have dogs I like to see what they’re doing when I’m not home I’ve come home to blood all over the house but never saw a thing on the camera. I’ve had people come in and never saw a thing on the camera. But a car driving down the street or in the parking lot gets picked up.
My other issue is that it’s always pointing in the wrong direction. My outside camera is always looking at a wall I’ve moved the camera three times and it’s always looking at a wall. And one of my inside cameras is always staring at another wall instead of the room that it’s geared for.
Had these cameras for quite some time but I’m really not very impressed

I believe they were fine until the latest firmware update. I have three cameras and updated the firmware on two of them. They are now completely useless for motion detection, however the one I did not update detects perfectly well still as it used to. Yi needs to allow a simple firmware rollback option…

Categories