* FIXED * | YI 1080P Home AI+ stuck on yellow light and not pairing to the phone

Hello. You need to request this via customer services. Thanks

1 Like

contact our support team at www.kamihome.com/contact for any firmware related issues.

I also have this same problem with the same camera. Put the firmware file on the SD card and inserted it, powered on the camera, steady orange light. Nothing else happens.

Hi, I have the same issue with my Yi Home camera which I bought yesterday. It worked for a while, now all I see is a yellow light lit and it doesn’t change to any mode.
Please help!!!

**Hi, all ** I am having the same issues, right out of the box. A set of four cameras: 2 work; 2 are not setting up correctly and will not appear to reset.

I also looked for the firmware but the link to download does not work. It seems like so many of us are having this issue, there should be a clearer path to resolution.

2 Likes

If these are new cameras and they are showing a yellow light it could be downloading OTA automatically new firmware.

If not contact customer services for future advice as per the link in this thread

1 Like

Hey @Otep How are you doing? This is most likely a firmware update. Have you been able to get resolved? Let me know :slight_smile:

Hope you’re having a lovely day!

Having the same issue. After saying „qr code scan is successful” the camera seems to turn off and reboot itselft and repeats waiting to connect…

Hi, I see that you have been most helpful.

I am having the same issues.
Some sites reference just using the address card without the firmware. Have tried that and it still is just stuck in bright yellow.
Unfortunately I am unable to download the firmware. When I go to the site and click download nothing happens. Tried searching for firmware on the web and not been successful .
Can you please help

Hello. The best way if you have tried to reset your camera (delete from your account in the app first then use the reset button for your device) and it still remains on a static yellow light would be to contact support

https://help.yitechnology.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004186273-How-do-I-contact-customer-support-

Firmware is currently not available online due to previous issues. If you contact support and advise them in detail what the issue is and what you have tried. I’d recommend not directly requesting firmware straight away.

1 Like

Hey @manish9999 if you reach out to our customer support team, please send me your ticket number so I can do some digging into how we can best assist you and guide the support team so this is as smooth as possible.

Good Day
I would like to communicate something technical related to this topic that I believe you would not want in the open here on the forum for the public to see. How can I send a discreet message to YorkshireUser?

Click on his user name in this thread, and an option to message directly will pop up :slight_smile:

I have the same problem and I contacted support and they did not give me the file, does anyone know where to find it?

Also contacted support, they flat out refused to provide any firmware files.
Ticket reference number: 701308

Please can you ask support to respond to my request for firmware files?
ticket reference number: 701308

Hi there,
Same problem. Stuck on yellow LED light.

I was close to solve it. First, I downloaded the last firmware for my 1080P model XFXXX65XXXXXXXXXXXX, I copied it on my microSD and then it worked ! Yellow LED flashing. I did a reset and then blue LED and “waiting to connect” message.

BUT, I turned it off because the Wifi where the camera has to be connected was not available (no reception). Much to my surprise, when I move the camera where the WIFI reception was fine and I re-connected the camera, I find myself with the yellow fixed light again. I connected again the microSD with the firmware but, this time the recipe did not worked and yellow light is still there. As usual in these cases the the reset does not do anything.

As an electronic engineer I feel frustrating. I have two more cameras working fine but this one is testing my patience.

Whatever help is welcome.

Hi there,

I answer my question now that I have found the problem.

My camera came back to life! What did I do? Easy, I just used the original Yi camera USB cable. There is something strange in the pinout of the USB connector in these cameras. In a USB cable you have 4 wires/terminals: Vcc, Data-, Data+, GND. So, I figure out that some weird voltage is required at Data+ and Data- to make the camera work. For instance, Iphone requires to have 2V and 2.5V at these pins to charge the phone.
Some people in this forum said that y 2wires USB cable (only GND and Vcc) is needed but, I disagree. I have right now a 2wires USB cable connected to the official Yi AC/DC charger and I have the yellow light. I do not want to think that there is a voltage divider integrated in the connector of the original cable to reach a specific voltage at Data- and Data+, but this crazy idea is taken shape. I have to do some tests with a original cable to settle down this issue.
Anyway, What the hell the engineers of YI have specified that only their cable is the good one? Have you seen that warning in red letters in the box of the device? When are going Chinese companies be able to offer a decent manual/technical specification/technical support?
Best

I guess, nothing has improved. I still get this when I visit this website.

Solved!! At least I can say what kind of USB cable works with the YI 1080p that I have and which will not work never ever.

YI 1080 original cable: just 2 wires inside the cable so, data+ and data- are not present in the cable. Then, I measured the resistance of the cable (from USB A +5V pin to tho other end at pin +5V of micro USB) and it was around 0.5 Ohms. This measurement is not totally correct because I could not do it in 4-wires mode. In other words, the aforementioned resistance value will be less for sure, because using a 2 wires mode I am adding the resistant of my multimeter probes. Finnally, I measured the resistance of the ground wire and the same, around 0.5 Ohms.

Second cable (no from YI). I used a spare USB cable that I had at home and I tried to make the camera work unsuccessfully: deathly fixed yellow light. I peeled the cable and I found 2 wires inside: GND and 5V. I measured the resistance of each cable and… 2.5 Ohms, much more then the original one.

Third cable (no from YI). I read in this forum that a high speed USB cable is needed to replace the original YI so, I bought one on Amazon (I left the link below). I tried with the mentioned cable to make the camera work and…eternal yellow light. I measured the resistance of +5V / GND wires and very good, 0.3 Ohms each. So, I peeled the cable and I found 4 wires: 5V, GND , Data+ and Data-. Then, I cut the wires of Data+ and Data- , as a result I had something very similar to YI cable. I connected the cable to the camera and…it WORKS!!!
I have a slightly idea of the internal circuit that the camera has inside to detect if the cable has the correct resistance or not. I will post it later just in case any YI’s engineers want to put some light in this matter, hahaha.
The USB cable of the image:

Categories