failed yi lot cam or yi lot app to deter/catch porch pirates

new subscription to the cloud, standard plan for 5 cams, with the goal to catch or deter porch pirates. It does not work as it is not fast enough. people has to stay in field for 10-15 seconds for it to record the person. First, there is 5 - 30 seconds for the cam to wake up, once it wake up, then the recording start, another 5 - 15 seconds delay. So, the person has to stay in field for at least 20+ seconds to be recorded. Bottom line, you will record the package delivered and left in place. You will not be able to record the delivery guy’s actual delivery in action. I am not technically savvy enough to tell which of the following is the problem:

1. wifi bandwidth
  2. camera type
  3. number of camera
  4. sd vs cloud recording

Currently i have the standard 5 cam cloud subscription and SD recording, and have 5 cams online. Wonder whether the 1 cam continuous recording plan would be better. For the time being, I still enjoy review recorded people stands in front of door, landscape guy mowing the lawn, and pool guy working on the pool. Regarding the porch pirate goal? Wont work. Unless they stay in field more than 20+ seconds. Please share your experience.

bun

Customer satisfaction is a priority for Kami Home and we provide 24/7 customer support to our users. We regret that you had an unpleasant experience. Please reach out to us on the email listed below so our customer support can help you out:

Support@yitechnology.com"

Я столкнулся с такой же проблемой после обновления программного обеспечения камеры, на старой версии прошивки она срабатывала намного быстрее

Instead of event recording, I changed to record all time hope this will circumvent the slow response time of the cam. Will report back in a wk

Categories