Echo Show 8 Cannot Stream From Yicam

Setup a few times with both yi apps yihome and pro and it logs in to the amazon skill and even finds the camera but when i ask the Echo Show 8 to show “xxxcam” it goes away and teh screen flickers as though it is trying to load the rtsp data stream 5 times then comes back with “The camera is not responding”.

Tried to enable the Kamis kill as well to see if that is the issue as the pc app when you click on hte links takes you to kami website not yihome but still nogo!

Have removed the camera from the skill and re-added but it still will not connect.
Is this because the camera is already setup for the PC Yi Home Camera application as it does not seem to want to play ball with Alexa?

Hey @omendata Welcome to the community!

That is a possibility. Have you tried with our Kami Home app? <

Try with this app and if this continues, please contact support@yitechnology.com. they will walk you through troubleshooting or escalate the issue if needed.

Yes installed it fresh last night and tried - trying all i can think of at the mo
Got the rtsp stream and wireshark says its hitting the echo but the echo and the yi app dont seem to be communicating.

I am a systems machine code programmer so you can be as detailed as required to get this fixed - can you send me the source code for the app by any chance?

Gary

I have 7 YI home cameras set up on 4 different echo shows and they all work just make sure you are all running on 2.4

1 Like

@omendata I will ask about the source code. I don’t know if we have it available just yet.

Are you running 2.4 or 5g?

I run everything dude from zigbee to 5ghz but most cams run 2.4ghz so for compatability its 2.4ghz

Trying a skill called Monocle “RTSP/RTP IP Cameras” to get round the issue!

Cheers

1 Like

@omendata awesome! If you have any advice for anyone that might run into this similar challenge, please do share! :slight_smile:

Mine have all stopped showing on Echo shows deleted app reinstalled app which use to help now deleting YI and Kami apps have TAPO cameras and they have always worked no problem

Yeah pretty poor support for rtsp tried everything so far and Echo does not want to play ball at least you got yours working i think it is maybe because mine is perhaps not actually a YI manufactured ipcam even though it works with their desktop and Phone app - Its called a Skyant ip camera - I can’t get the stream on Ispy or Onvifer so i think Yi cams have a proprietary connection via 443 direct to the Yi server then back to the app it does not look like they have any other streaming ability!

Would help if their tech support were actually techs and knew anything about data streams, coding or even what RTSP and onvif are but they had to look it up roflmao!!!

Do you have the file that activates rtsp and onvif on yi cams?
Most cams locked to other manufacturers datastreams use a small onvif.bin file put it on the tf card boot cam and the cam is then unlocked for onvif/rtsp?

I am going to have to follow-up with our tech team one this one and get back to you Thanks for the feedback.

Removed the skill from Amazon Alexa and the camera then re-added and ran Alexa Discover new devices now all sorted - should have followed the old tech advice if all else fails switch it off and back on again or remove and reinstall!

1 Like

Thanks for the update! Glad to here all has been resolved :slight_smile: have a great weekend!

Categories