Doorbell Camera

I have 10 functioning Yi Cameras that includes a Kami Doorbell camera. I think having to many can bog down the app, not all the time but usually at critical times possibly after a recording of an incident. Also it seems that closing the app and restarting it sometimes speeds the whole thing up and makes it work better. The Kami doorbell camera works fine, rings my originals doorbell and announces through my Alexa’s that somebody is at the door and also plays my selected tune. The big problem I have is the delay to see who is at the door before they turn around and leave after waiting. Since it is Prime day I have decided to buy and try a Ring Doorbell that comes with an Echo Show 5 and see how fast this system will show me the door so I can actually interact with them in a timely matter. Right now it just isn’t working for me with the Kami Doorbell, way to slow even though I have a mesh unit right on the other side of the wall running at 240 MBPS. I have a GIG but only get that right out of the modem. Is anybody else having a better experience than me with their Kami Door Bell and able to communicate with people at the door very quickly.

Hi, we would like to know the details of the problem you mentioned. Please reach out to us on the email listed below so our customer support can help you out:
support@yitechnology.com

I’m not happy with my Kami Doorbell. I want notification and the ability to see and talk to the person at the door as soon as they ring it or come to the door. If I am notified then there is the problem to get the video to come up in a timely manner before they leave. I have 10 cameras running on the Yi or Kami App, IPhone 12, latest IOS. Kenjudith@msn.com. I need to be able to quickly view the door when some one rings the door or even comes up close to it. I have the door bell on the cloud plan but as it is now all I get is a recording. I don’t want to turn on notifications in settings for your app since 10 cameras are to hard to keep updated. If I turn off notifications for the Yi app in settings then I get nothing. The only option in the app is to turn detections on or off. I can’t figure out how to turn off notifications for individual cameras because I don’t want to stop detections. I only want alerts immediately on my phone for the individual doorbell, not the other cameras.

Categories