Door / Window sensor Sensitivity

I am having problems with the door sensors being triggered just by slight movement of the door against the rubber seals, these nuisance alarms go off at least once or twice a day.

Also,
I get notifications that the sensor is being “removed” when the door has not been touched. The Kami Home screen has a comment for the stricken door stating “Unusual Operation”. Each one of the three doors I monitor suffer from these occurrences, sometimes all at once or just one at the time.

These occurrences are so frequent that I cannot set the alarm at night.

Hey @ps42fount thanks for coming to the community! And, that does sound frustrating! I am sorry to hear that they have been so sensitive.

Are you using our Kami Smart Kit or our 24/7 Pro Monitoring solution?
How long have you had the sensors?
Have they ever worked properly or has this always been an issue?
Where was the kit purchased?
When was the last time batteries were replaced?>

Below is one of our FAQ pages about precautions for Kami Entry Sensor. Take a look and compare to your setup. Please let me know how it goes. We will get to the bottom of this. Thanks for your patience. Hope you’re having a great day!

Hi Steven,
I purchased the Kami Smart Kit from Amazon and the batteries all read 100%, all the sensors are installed aligned and spaced no more that 2 mm from each other. I do have cloud storage for my camera over the front door. I would say that the sensors started the “This device is being removed” within a day of installation. If I go and open/close the door, the system will show that the door opened and then shows that it closes. Then, sometimes in the next second it will then send the signal “this device is being removed”. Then there are times that it only shows the last time the door was closed/opened, but this is 1 time out of 3. Also, if you grab the doorknob and shake the door with the alarm set, it will alarm even though the door is not opened. (this could be bad if high winds vibrate the door)

Hey @ps42fount Thanks for answering my questions. I am sorry to hear this is persisting.

I am going to talk to my team tomorrow about this product and see what the best next steps are so we can get this resolved for you.

Thank you for coming to the forum for help. You’ve come to the right place!

Have a lovely evening! I’ll be in touch

All of a sudden the sensitivity is TOO MUCH. Since you re trying to get people to pay for more time than the 6 or 8 seconds, even on lowest sensitivity it constantly alerrts due to light around a door.
I am about to throw these away. In the time it took to write this, it alerted twice.
Change it back.

Categories