DOESNT work on my 4G data :(

I saw in a few posts a lot of Iphone users not being able to access their cameras without WIFI. It loads up to 30% and shows an error message.

The only solution I found was to switch to 3G.

I have tried a thousand times to turn data on for that app, to check my router, turning phone on/off, deleting/adding cameras again…

None of it working. I don’t even know who to turn for help so I’ve created this account…

Hello. This is a common issue impacting a few people using certain iterations of iOS on 4G data. Me included.

I simply turn off 4G data and use 3G to access the application. For me my speed on 3G is adequate for my needs.

There doesn’t seem to be much of an alternative way around this, other than using a different camera brand or phone brand.

Hello!
My name is Zoltan, im from Hungary. I have a problem. I use Telenor Hungary Services. In the Kami Home app, it doesn’t work with mobile data ( 3G & 4G). Other sercives -(Vodafone,Telekom) the problem doesn’t occur. In wifi works well. iPhone XS -iOS 15, the Kami Home app is latest version. Is there a solution to this problem?

@Steven_Kami looping you in mate

1 Like

Are you receiving any error messages when trying to connect using 3G or 4G? Are you able to try LTE or 5G? What is your phones default?

Thanks for your patience. Any other feedback will be helpful.

Mine doesn’t work on 5G data and there is no way to change it to 3G data on my phone, it’s very frustrating that I am not able to view my footage outside of Wi-Fi, haven’t got help on what exactly needs to be done. I’ve done everything from deleting the app to resetting the cameras to downloading the Kami app instead of the YI app and same results overall!

Hey @Steph I am sorry to hear you’re having issues with the data connection for your phone.

What phone model and operating system are you using?

I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max and have T-Mobile running on 5G network, it worked perfectly fine before the YI camera update but now for some reason I can’t access the footage after the first 5 seconds outside of Wi-Fi.

hmm, interesting @Steph. I also have an iPhone Pro Max but on Verizon, and I never have any issues connecting when off of wifi.

Can you go into your iPhone settings? Select “Cellular”. Make sure your app has cellular data enabled.

Check all your settings to see if anything stands out.

Keep us posted on how this goes.

I’ve done that as well nothing seems to work, I’ve deleted the app and reinstalled. I reset the cameras multiple times and that didn’t help either. I updated the app when I upgraded my phone and that’s when issues started. Is there any new update coming soon that can possibly help? It’s frustrating that I can’t view my cameras outside of Wi-Fi and it seems to only be affecting IOS users. My husband has an android and he doesn’t have any issues so I’m assuming it’s only an iPhone problem, please further advise.

@Steph We have not had widespread reports of iOS users not being able to access their cameras when off wifi. This is a carrier issue or something else. There is no app release/upgrade that will fix this as its on the carriers end. Again, I am on iOS, same phone model, different carrier, and I have no issues connecting. I would recommend contacting your carrier to understand why you cannot access this particular app. Is it a data limitation issue? Could there be something they can recommend? This connection issue is not app or firmware based. It’s an issue with the carrier.

1 Like

Still having this issue! Works fine on my ipad and both iphones whilst connected to wifi, but not when on cellular… Stupid thing is I can connect one phone to another using hotspot and it works :man_facepalming:. Is there any fix for this yet other than carrying two phones around… Can’t see it being a carrier issue likely more of an ios app issue as I’m in the UK and have the same issue on both my ios devices which run on different carriers 3 and giffagff (02 piggy back). Would be interesting to see if anyone with android devices has the issue

Hi, I have the same issue but on a pixel 7 phone, works fine when I work with wifi but not on cellular network, I did tried to set the phone on 3G without luck. They was working before on a different phone but I updated the phone and also the home router.

I can see the recordings but not the live, any solution?

hi did you get anywhere with this please I’m getting the same issues

Categories