Default Options for Rear View Mirrors Dash Cam

Hello everyone,

I have TWO models that look nearly identical to the YI Rear View Mirror dash cam.
They were purchased from two different vendors, they are branded slightly differently - and - they have the same exact problems.

• DEFAULT VIEW
    When looking in the rear view mirror, you expect to see the REAR of the car (not the front.)
    There is no way to change the default view. You can change the view by cycling through a series of buttons to get the rear view image to display, and the manufacturer continues to insist that hitting all those buttons every single time you start the car is acceptable. Well, it isn’t.
    • Does the YI version of the dash cam default to the REAR of the car?
    • If not, can you change the default ONCE and it remembers?
  • LOOP RECORD
    Loop record breaks the moment you save changes that are different than the factory settings. SO, for example, factory settings are recording conversations inside the vehicle. That is actually illegal in some states. Changing that setting will then break loop record.
    What is loop record? It means when storage runs low, the camera will record over top of the oldest recording, so you never actually run out of space. If you do not want your conversations recorded, then you must be prepared to manually delete the SD card often. Not good.

PLEASE tell me that the YI version defaults the mirror to see the rear of the car, and you can change the settings w/o breaking any functionality?

1 Like

Hello Pixelrogue,

Our YI Rear View dash by default with display a combined front and rear view in the mirror.

Blockquote

• Does the YI version of the dash cam default to the REAR of the car?
The dash cam should be wired so that it shows rear view when you put the car in reverse, if not you’ll have to manually switch to see the rear image.
You can set this by pressing Turn Over in the menu setting (see attached photo)

Blockquote
You can also turn off voice recording with this option:

Loop Recording
Video recording Video recording automatically commences when you start your car; you can stop the recording by pressing PAUSE. (When the MicroSD Card is full, the camera will overwrite the new video on the old file; this is known as “loop recording”.)

Blockquote

Is it possible to supply the names of your dash cams or photos?
Your comment "I have TWO models that look nearly identical to the YI Rear View Mirror dash cam."
It’s possible your two dash cams are not YI branded dash cams, thus their setup and operation may be different.

Best,
Samuel

Think my message was not understood.

1. The cams I have now are not branded as Yi. They look identical, yet each one was purchased from a different dealer.

2. I love the camera, EXCEPT - it has a default view of the FRONT of the car, not the back, and, any changes to factory settings ends up breaking the ability to loop record.

Hope that is clear.

Now, what I am asking is if the Yi version of this rearview mirror cam 1) DEFAULTS to the rear view (not front) and 2) the settings can be changed without any functions of the software breaking or being disabled.

1. Might as well ask here and now - have there been any hardware, firmware, software updates to the rear view mirror cam in the last 12 - 15 months?

Hello Pixlrogue,

The YI version defaults to a dual view of both front and rear.
The setting can be modified without the software being disabled.
We have not any hardware or firmware revision for our YI branded mirror dash in the last 12-15 months.

Best,
Samuel

Categories