Cant use rtsp with my yi home camera

Hey,
I recently i bought a yi home 1080 camera,which I was going to use to stream my 3d printer, and I have seen that the rtsp protocol of the cameras is disabled, how can I activate it or stream my printer without that protocol?

I believe there is a way and tech support have the file - you put a small onvif.bin file on the tf card then boot the camera - it then reads the onvif file and sets a parameter within the firmware and from then on when you reboot the camera it will stream onvif with rtsp activated - so far I havent been able to get the file from them - I did get one from another company but it doesnt work with Yi cams but works with most other cams that are locked.

Hey @alexramsal Let me inquire with our tech support if this is intact an option and I will get back to you.

Thanks for the patience.

Hello,
I also have a yi home outdoor camera.
Is there any way to use rtsp with it ?
Thanks in advance

Hey @Nicolas thanks for coming to the forum for insight :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, there is no way to use RTSP or ONVIF with your outdoor camera.

Hope you’re having a lovely day so far!

Thank you for the answer.
Is there a yi or kami camera which supports rtsp ?

I apologize if I implied indoor cameras would work. But, we do not support RTSP for any of our cameras.

Let me know if you have any other questions or we can assist you any further.

I am not sure why you want access to stream the cameras. This is not something which Yi support but …

I have heard of some using a software called OBS studio they have mainly used that for Zoom, M/S Teams, Skype. But it may work for you.

If you download the YI pc app and download and install OBS studio you can set OBS to capture the YI camera app feed, then in obs set its output to webcam. In your chosen application you would have to choose the OBS camera and it should show your YI camera feed. <

Your use of this is totally at your discretion and liability

1 Like

I have seen some information online about this as well. If you do a little research @Nicolas you may find some people who have attempted this. I can’t recommend any particular article or recommend trying this in general. it’s really up to you if you want to tinker around. :slight_smile: let us know how it goes if you do

Categories