Cannot reset or pair 1080p cameras

What the title says.

Pushing in the reset button for any length of time, power cycling, cussing loudly, nothing seems to work. I have 2 brand new cameras that are effected by this. I set them up several weeks ago and had wifi issues that have been resolved, now I cannot get either of them to move past whatever initialization stage they do. The yellow light never goes off, and attempting reset via the button on the back does no good.

I have 11 other cameras of the same model that have no issues.

Can someone help?

1 Like

Hey @texmedic49 That sounds frustrating. I am sorry to hear you have had troubles with 2 of your cameras.

1 question… Have you deleted the cameras from your account when you reset the camera?

I’m guessing bad firmware update. Mine had bricked itself in the last week or so. All 720p cameras are fine.

I’m going through the same problem. One of my cameras are working perfectly fine the other stopped working so I deleted it and have been trying to repair it for almost two weeks. NO LUCK. Is there any solution to this or can I get a new one. Literally the other is in the other room working perfectly fine. This one will not paid again and keeps saying waiting to connect even when I attempt to repair it and complete all the necessary steps

Hello. Please consult this working document

https://help.yitechnology.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040772554-Issues-with-setup-pairing-camera-

1 Like

Take a look at the helpful article shared by Yorkshire. If this doesn’t help, contact our support team at www.kamihome.com/contact.

Can you confirm you removed the camera from your account when trying to repair it?

1 Like

I have 13 of these cameras and have also run into issues where they don’t want to go past the yellow light. I solved that by using the correct power cord, data cords won’t work, so make sure you use the Yi or Kami power cord. It is odd that you had to reset them again after they were working fine. I think we are missing some critical info. Anyway, good luck in getting it figured out.

Categories