Cameras turning off on their own again. Motion alerts not working.

The cameras continue to turn themselves off on their own. I now receive no motion alerts for hours on end even though I live off a busy road and use to receive 50 alerts/hour. Please fix this. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the Yi app almost daily hoping an update has fixed this issue. Please fix this.

Also, when the cameras are in the “off” setting I’m actively watching a smooth live stream on my PC Yi app yet the camera is set to “off” when I enter camera settings on my phone. The update may have fixed some issues for others, but this motion alert and on/off issue persists.

Hey @broach1804 Can you confirm your app version? And, this may seem silly, but is there possibly a schedule set? (just need to confirm)

No schedule is set.
App version: 5.1.1_20210929

2 of 6 cameras continue to turn themselves off on their own. I switch back to the on position in settings and the next day they’re off again. While in the off position a continuous video feed is viewable on the PC and phone app. There’s something very buggy going on here. Motion alerts continue to be problematic rarely working correctly. 1 camera continues to report alerts all night long then it stops reporting alerts every morning between 6am and 9am. There is no schedule setup. It does it on it’s own. Every minute of the night is uploaded to the cloud so there is no connection issue that’s occurring otherwise the video feed would not be stored on the cloud.

Hey @broach1804 Im sorry to hear this is been such an issue. Can you email me some of the false alert video clips? Please email steven@kamivision.com. I will share the clips with our team here and go from there.

Steve I don’t know what happened last night but I’m now getting regular alerts on all cameras. Love it! If things stay this way for a few days I’ll add my cloud services back.

1 Like

Well we had a good run for about 3 hours. Back to buggy sporadically reporting alerts. Would my cell phone carrier have anything to do with this? I’m on boost mobile.

hmmmm it shouldn’t have anything to do with the alerts. What version of the app are you running? Do you have an update that can be installed?

I read your first comment and was excited and then the second one hit me. What a bummer. I am sorry this has lingered on as long as it has.

Categories